onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

bowers, radio joke , 👎👎his predictions are as good as his inane commentary, 

Glad somebody else thinks that; I end up turning the sound down he grates on my nerves so much

Thought Griff was real quality though on Tuesday night; clarity of comment and some really good insights too, like his comments on the players not comforting the penalty misser

Points-with-Bone

2 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Glad somebody else thinks that; I end up turning the sound down he grates on my nerves so much

Thought Griff was real quality though on Tuesday night; clarity of comment and some really good insights too, like his comments on the players not comforting the penalty misser

Points-with-Bone

totally agree ,thought griff was much more professional, better than williams/cullerton/sprosonetc utv:keepup::ovf::onmehead::drink: 

Funny on the Crawley forum, which seems to have about 10 supporters. One poster called us a good team last season and acknowledged that we have since strengthened, but also seems to think that Tom Pope is our main man! I'd love to tell him that actually he's arguably our third choice striker these days, and as much as I love the bloke, he wouldn't be near our top 5 players. In fact he's probably not even in the top 10.

22 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Carlisle fans hate him going off the social media sites. I trust Askey to get the best out of him though  

A wind up merchant with some skills and can get a goal or five.  

A proper sh1thouse. You love to see it 

put him with popey on a radio slanging match, :opps:

5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Points-with-Bone

Phill is good at what he does. I rely on him to let me know what's going on even when I am in VP. I am blind and have to take a radio with me to follow the game. If you lot think you can do better then get you a clip of a match of you tube and record some commentary. It's harder than you think! ☺

Welcome Harry. Fans here will be behind you all the way if you show your undoubted talent each week on the pitch. We are truly blessed with our owners and manager/ background staff all pulling the Club back to a happy, exciting era. I'm just gutted we fans can't show our total appreciation by being at the games, home and away. I was so optimistic after last season that I was reliving my youth eagerly anticipating the buzz of a hopefully successful new season. After so much dross over the years I was indeed expectant of a promotion campaign where I would follow the lads far and wide. Ah well I'll settle for the time being in front of my computer causing raised eyebrows with my neighbours as I holler and scream away at the screen. Come on Vale give us a bit of relief from these horrid times and show the Footballing world we are back and wanting to rise up the Leagues whilst entertaining everyone. VTID.

I can't wait to play Carlisle this season.
He will be unbearable for their fans!

17 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I can't wait to play Carlisle this season.

He will be unbearable for their fans! 😂😂

Whilst I respect your opinion, it’s be interesting to see how we faired if a mic was stuck in front of us and we were expected to commentate and produce a radio show.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Whilst I respect your opinion, it’s be interesting to see how we faired if a mic was stuck in front of us and we were expected to commentate and produce a radio show.

It's simple to just talk about the game but to accurately describe what's going on the pitch and were all the players are in relation to each other is a skill in it's self.

I've no idea how he'll perform for us, I know it won't be boring, I also know he was leading scorer last season at Carlisle, so it's good we are getting proven lads in, knocking him before he plays because of his socks and hair is just a little silly in my opinion, what's that got to do with the way he plays ?

Also saying that you have spoken to him and  he doesn't want to play for the Vale is just plain ludicrous, trying to set the supporters against the Lad before he's kicked a ball is unfortunate why would you do that ?, Fortunately the more sensible amongst us will  support him and wish him success for the coming season.

1 hour ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So given the McKirdy signing and with a fit Oyeleke how does this look for our strongest starting eleven.....

.............................................................................Brown............................................................................

Gibbons...................................Legge............................................Smith.......................................Montano

......................................Oyeleke...........................Joyce................................Conlon...................................

.........................McKirdy......................................Cullen/Robinson..............................Worrall......................

Obviously the build from the back foundation of the Legge/Smith partnership with Joyce sat infront and Brown between the sticks and up top the rotation of Cullen and Robinson but the key is the left and right triangles of Gibbons/Oyeleke/McKirdy on the right and Montano/Conlon/Worrall on the left.

Don’t forget Rodney. From what I’ve seen so far he pushes Robinson and Cullen all the way. 

Archived