onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Why? Probably the bottom of my list as to what I want from a player. Can't fathom not getting behind a player because he annoys the opposition, has a dodgy haircut and has his socks down. So what?

Not sure why this is such an issue for people?

Goal scoring record and ability -  few comments

Dodgy haircut and socks - o GoD i HoPe ThE DrEsSiNg RoOm iS oK

These same people were probably crooning over Paulo Tavares. 

Because my personal opinion is that it looks stupid and pretentious.
Just my opinion but I like a side to look like a side kitted out in the same way, might be old fashioned but that’s what I think.

Advert

52 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Well, well, well, Harry McKirdy is the mystery player. Who could have predicted that? I think it's fair to say nobody saw that coming.

There was one poster who saw it coming, not sure who it was though because they didn’t like to keep hammering on about it.....😳

Depth is crazy, we have 2 XI's capable of competing well enough at this level now.

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Joyce

Conlon

Burgess

Worral

Amoo

Robinson

Second XI

Visser

Mills

Brisley

Crookes

Fitzpatrick

Oyeleke

Hurst

Whitehead

McKirdy

Rodney

Cullen

(and still have Pope!)

1 minute ago, vale victory said:

yes he may be a bit of a div , but he’s our div 

Exactly right!

There has been lots of talk during the revolution of Askey and Carol taking great care over players approach and attitude. If they have given him the green light, then that's all I need. I back their diligence.

No one has any solid evidence that he disrupts the dressing room over and above a bit of noise in Carlisle where he didnt settle. He is back home now and will give the vale 100% .

Best example we have is that some poster who knows him says he didnt want to be a vale player... the next day he signed. No one knows the truth other than Harry and the management team as to whats been said / agreed / threatened or anything. Again... I back Askeys call on this.

Him looking and acting like a fool on the pitch... I love it, wind up merchants are hated by opposition for a reason.

Someone said it recently, how many of our dropped points would we have kept with McKirdy doing what he does last year... enough to have gotten us in the playoffs I would guess.

13 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Depth is crazy, we have 2 XI's capable of competing well enough at this level now.

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Joyce

Conlon

Burgess

Worral

Amoo

Robinson

Second XI

Visser

Mills

Brisley

Crookes

Fitzpatrick

Oyeleke

Hurst

Whitehead

McKirdy

Rodney

Cullen

(and still have Pope!)

Looking very good. I think mckirdy will start for us though when match fit. Which then makes the bench even stronger. 

Jean .. once a Headmistress always a Headmistress. ... Pull those socks up boy !!!
I think you said the same to Danny Sonner. Lol
Good job Ron 'nutter' Futcher didn't go your school he would never have got out of the naughty corner!!

The above will only mean something to those who have reached a certain age.

Let's hope we all get back inside Vale Park soon and have the opportunity of actually seeing this new squad play.

I am off to watch an FA Cup match tomorrow Leek Town v Sporting Khalsa in the Preliminary qualifying round. 400 capacity being allowed in a 2,000 seater stadium only about 20 tickets left online booking if you fancy watching footie as it should be (whilst keeping an eye on proceedings at Vale Park)

Up the Vale

Better goalkeeper ? Tick
Cover at left back? Tick
Goalscoring striker? Tick
Replacement winger for Browne? Tick
Better squad depth than last season? Tick

On paper one of our most well rounded transfer windows in recent years. Time will tell if JA has it right, but I think they have pulled a blinder! 

So given the McKirdy signing and with a fit Oyeleke how does this look for our strongest starting eleven.....

.............................................................................Brown............................................................................

Gibbons...................................Legge............................................Smith.......................................Montano

......................................Oyeleke...........................Joyce................................Conlon...................................

.........................McKirdy......................................Cullen/Robinson..............................Worrall......................

Obviously the build from the back foundation of the Legge/Smith partnership with Joyce sat infront and Brown between the sticks and up top the rotation of Cullen and Robinson but the key is the left and right triangles of Gibbons/Oyeleke/McKirdy on the right and Montano/Conlon/Worrall on the left.

59 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exactly right!

There has been lots of talk during the revolution of Askey and Carol taking great care over players approach and attitude. If they have given him the green light, then that's all I need. I back their diligence.

No one has any solid evidence that he disrupts the dressing room over and above a bit of noise in Carlisle where he didnt settle. He is back home now and will give the vale 100% .

Best example we have is that some poster who knows him says he didnt want to be a vale player... the next day he signed. No one knows the truth other than Harry and the management team as to whats been said / agreed / threatened or anything. Again... I back Askeys call on this.

Him looking and acting like a fool on the pitch... I love it, wind up merchants are hated by opposition for a reason.

Someone said it recently, how many of our dropped points would we have kept with McKirdy doing what he does last year... enough to have gotten us in the playoffs I would guess.

Your last paragraph IC. It was me referring to the dark arts , running down the clock and winning free kicks as per Granty. I will repeat I do not mean cheating or rolling around like you've been shot. I mean game management with cute free kicks and nous.

This for me is the signing of the summer by JA. Proper game changer.

He's horrible, winds up opponents and fans, bit of a twonk. 

However he's our horrible twonk now. Welcome on board lad. 

As for haircuts, Robin Van Der laan anybody ? Didn't turn out bad did he 

Really excited about the season now and we have a real opportunity with 4 of the first 6 at home to get some confidence early doors 

Bring it on, I'll even excuse an Alice band if he does the business. 

Archived