onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Certainly wouldnt take any notice of that site but there is a lot of interest in Gibbo

I quite like the idea of our home grown players attracting some interest as it shows we're doing something right, it just hasn't happened enough over the last decade or more with us not really producing that many lads. Any idea what level of club are looking at him and realistically would clubs be willing to come in and pay a fee for a player whos under 24 and just signed a 2 year deal.

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Exeter are about to pocket £4m-£6m with a sell on fee they had for Ollie Watkins.

That's the dream right there!

That is exactly the model that we should be following,it can happen if you bring in and work on the right player,i think they sold him for around 1.8m? as well

34 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

That is exactly the model that we should be following,it can happen if you bring in and work on the right player,i think they sold him for around 1.8m? as well

The chances of bagging a big sale are the equivalent of winning the lottery, when was Crewe's last big sale theirs only go for £300,00- £500,00 and I think its a while they had a significant sell on...Could be wrong but Exeter have really dropped on with that one.

Yeah I don't think it will happen under Askey though. I'm a big Askey fan but he tends to prefer more senior players (similar to Micky Adams).

The chances of bagging a big sale are the equivalent of winning the lottery, when was Crewe's last big sale theirs only go for £300,00- £500,00 and I think its a while they had a significant sell on...Could be wrong but Exeter have really dropped on with that one.
I think clubs have cottoned on to the fact they're not actually that good.

Clubs always thought they were getting something special when they bought from Crewe but most have proved to be very average.

38 minutes ago, Mario said:

Exeter have done it with 2 over the last 3 years i think it is and they have a winger being looked at by Championship/Premier teams.

I think if your players perform at the top of the table and possibly in league one then anything can happen,yes you have to drop on but imo(not talking in the millions bracket) we have Gibbo,Conlon,Smith(not near his peak yet),Rodney who in time and depending on consistency playing wise who could all get sold in time thats what we hope for and then reinvest unlike the bloated one....... even he managed get hold of Hugill and he has now gone for 5m

10 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I actually cannot believe that Villa are paying £28M....yes that’s TWENTY EIGHT MILLION POUNDS....plus £5M in add-ons, for a Championship striker. Premier League football has literally gone mad.

Won’t be saying that when he’s in the England squad in the future.

2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Won’t be saying that when he’s in the England squad in the future.

But you will be if he isn't! 😉

I think the point @Biddulph_PV is making is he is a gamble as he's not proven at PL or indeed England level. If he makes it then clearly it is money well spent but right now it is a £28m gamble on an unproven player. Just like when West Ham gambled £10m on unproven Jordan Hugill (and how did that work out for them)?

At least Callum Wilson, who was £8m less has proven himself at PL level and earned an England cap.

Obviously clubs can't always get proven players and have to speculate (which is also good for lower league clubs developing talent) but at £28m that's a huge gamble.

53 minutes ago, robf said:

But you will be if he isn't! 😉

I think the point @Biddulph_PV is making is he is a gamble as he's not proven at PL or indeed England level. If he makes it then clearly it is money well spent but right now it is a £28m gamble on an unproven player. Just like when West Ham gambled £10m on unproven Jordan Hugill (and how did that work out for them)?

At least Callum Wilson, who was £8m less has proven himself at PL level and earned an England cap.

Obviously clubs can't always get proven players and have to speculate (which is also good for lower league clubs developing talent) but at £28m that's a huge gamble.

I have seen on Twitter that Campbell from Stoke is wanted by Bournemouth, Stoke fans want £20 mil at least. Rumours are getting weird. Bring back the carrier pigeon all is forgiven. 🙂 

Archived