onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

No I can’t really see anyone breaking that record, I suppose if Pope plays another 4 or 5 seasons he’s got a chance, would be nice.

I can’t see pope playing more than another 1-2 seasons at this level. Fitness is a big thing that he seems to be struggling with st the minute. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I can’t see pope playing more than another 1-2 seasons at this level. Fitness is a big thing that he seems to be struggling with st the minute. 

He could play more than 1 or 2 seasons at this level,  but if we were to get promoted then it’s probably a step to far at his age and fitness level.

12 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Strange we are doing favours at this stage of the season.

I think it's swings and roundabouts. Didn't we let Dickinson train with us recently? It's hardly a big issue to add another body to training. I think it's just a professional courtesy and a nice thing to do. It certainly helps our reputation as a "good" club.

If McKirdy has got a potential offer in say, SE England  but he's staying with folks in Stoke then it's more convenient for him to train locally while sorting out a contract.

For all we know another club allowed Robinson, for instance, to train with them before he joined us.

If lots of club do it (which they seem to do) then there will surely be a time when Vale pick up a player that has benefited from training with someone else. So it works both ways I feel. You offer training to another club's player and benefit when another club has allowed your transfer target to train with them.

You never know. If he's a home loving boy and lives locally then he might conceivably settle down and blossom but it's very odd how someone with his record on paper at our level wasn't immediately snapped up. There has to be something in what the Carlisle manager said and what others have refereed to above as a bit of an argumentative, short-fused attitude.

Pick up the phone to Artell or someone at Crewe. He had him on loan but I don't think he played a lot of games did he?

From what I gathered from Askey yesterday, he remains a possibility but it also sounded as if Askey had others in mind as well. Can we expect a decision before the end of the week? Probably.

Does anyone know if there's an issue with Amoo or whether he was just rested on Saturday. I presume the fitness of Amoo and Monty will have a big bearing. If they are both fit / nearly fit then there's no rush as the window doesn't close till October. If both/either are injured then perhaps there is a need for a quicker signing.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Does anyone know if there's an issue with Amoo or whether he was just rested on Saturday. I presume the fitness of Amoo and Monty will have a big bearing. If they are both fit / nearly fit then there's no rush as the window doesn't close till October. If both/either are injured then perhaps there is a need for a quicker signing.

Picked up an injury to his quad. 

Archived