onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

DistantVale is already well acquainted with McKirdy having watched him in home games at Gresty Road.

On 13/10/2019 at 15:44, DistantVale said:

The difference between us and Crewe is firstly they have a plan, they have an academy and they have stuck with it through thick and thin , and secondly they have a good manager who recruits very well. Blackdog names the young players, but they also have an experienced strong spine of the team with Hunt Green, Powell ,and Porter who would all get into our team. Its hurts to praise them, but its football and sometime you have step back and admit they are doing well simply because they are organised !        

On 19/10/2019 at 17:41, DistantVale said:

Is the squad decent though, look at the squads that Bradford and Crewe have , they've bags of experience and have played at higher levels mingled in with young players who can get round the pitch. Our players move like they are in treacle !     

On 27/10/2019 at 22:09, DistantVale said:

I was quite impressed with your run down on the Crewe team until you admitted that you’re not even going the game . ! #armchairfacts. No thanks 🙏 

On 15/01/2020 at 15:16, DistantVale said:

[Max McClellan leaving] Going to Crewe

On 28/01/2020 at 16:49, DistantVale said:

How do you know we have a bigger budget than Crewe or Cheltenham... Crewe have Green , Powell , Chris Porter in their team  , they won't be on peanuts ! 

Was Smurthwaite really that bad ?

Even as a Vale fan I can see this was just sour grapes that was festered by mark porter on radio stoke  on his way home from the match ! Grow up children ! 

On 19/10/2019 at 17:44, DistantVale said:

Trust me the black and yellow brigade will be arranging fan marches again by Easter !  

I think its going to be another season when we finish in the bottom 8!

We will be lower than 16th at the end of the season 

Advert

McKirdy strikes me as a lad who's easily led. If you've got good leaders, he might keep on the straight and narrow. Unfortunately we had Webster/Collin as main leaders during his time here.” 

That quote has been taken from Carlisle’s forum. They talk about the lack of leaders in their side last season. Taking a quick look at our squad, we have the likes of Legge, Brown, Pope, Joyce. Four seasoned professionals who could keep the lad on the straight and narrow. Then we have a manger in John Askey, who as we have seen before, takes no sh*t. Just look at the likes of Rawlinson, Miller, Hannant and Whitfield, they were all released at the end of the season for various reasons. If Askey feels like he could control McKird, then I 100% trust his judgement. As I’ve said previously, McKirdy is clearly a talented player who could be the missing piece of the puzzle. His goal contributions in a poor Carlisle side are certainly impressive. With only one space on each wing, we could potentially have Wozza, Amoo, Monty, McKirdy and Hurst to battle it out. That for me is some competition. 

Carlisle had seasoned professionals in their squad and management too. It didn't seem to make much difference to the situation.

No doubt on paper his stats last year mean there is a good player in there. I think he needs to change the entire way he plays his game and for a start he needs to stop making himself a target by trying to look like a bargain basement Grealish with little shorts and rolled down socks. Cut out the histrionics and gestures to officials and crowd. In fact I wonder if all that combined gets to him and he can't handle the stick he gets, but he brings it on himself.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

A lot of you seem to be wilfully ignoring the fact that Carlisle fans in fact didn’t “love him” for being a tosser. He actually had running arguments with some of them during games! It’s all over their local news sites and fans forum. 

I don’t want another delusional narcissist like Burge. If Askey can handle him then fine but everything about McKirdy screams disruption and attention seeking. 

This gesture was towards his own fans only a few weeks after signing! 

10867514?type=responsive-gallery-fullscr

To be honest, without knowing the context, if I’m giving him some gyp cuz he’s playing crap, then he answers that by producing a moment of magic, or scoring a blinder, then I’d have no problem with him telling me to “hush”.  As I say, I’ve no idea of the actual context in this instance.

In the wider sense, I trust JA to judge the character and ability of any potential signing.  I’ll only make my own judgement when they pull on the shirt, not before.

5 hours ago, rob1983 said:

I thought he played really well against us for Carlise last season.

Wasn't he mouthing off at and arguing with his own teammates during the game at VP last season? (maybe I've got that wrong, and I'm thinking of another player entirely)

[...just had a look at the match thread from that game, and his name cropped up a few times - link]

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't he mouthing off at and arguing with his own teammates during the game at VP last season? (maybe I've got that wrong, and I'm thinking of another player entirely)

[...just had a look at the match thread from that game, and his name cropped up a few times - link]

I thought in that game he started well, but once Gibbo got to grips with him then his game just disintegrated to diving and moaning at the ref, crowd and players.

20 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Carlisle had seasoned professionals in their squad and management too. It didn't seem to make much difference to the situation.

No doubt on paper his stats last year mean there is a good player in there. I think he needs to change the entire way he plays his game and for a start he needs to stop making himself a target by trying to look like a bargain basement Grealish with little shorts and rolled down socks. Cut out the histrionics and gestures to officials and crowd. In fact I wonder if all that combined gets to him and he can't handle the stick he gets, but he brings it on himself.

Well according to a Carlisle fan, their season professionals weren’t up to it. My point is, we have four lads who showed throughout last season they are leaders. This is what McKirdy could potentially need. 

1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

Some ridiculous posts on here, he's a good player get him in ! 

Once signed its up to the manger make him tow the line ,   

I would rather we get a player who will complement the dressing room and do the goods on the field.  If he is a player who disrupts a dressing room then not for us.  We have seen this happen a Vale before where players have come in and been disruptive and affected the dressing room and it also affects players who don't want to see it.

In the management team we can only trust their choice and get the right players in.  

17 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

If McKirdy signs and tries his antics in the dressing room eventually he'll end up in a dark alleyway with Tom Pope telling him exactly how it is. That's if John Askey doesn't get to him first.

My hope is always that the Senior pros like Pope, Legge and Joyce will calm down a wild child... my one concern is that it didn't really happen with Hannant and Whitfield. So I'm not sure we can bank on that.

Difference now is that Askey is here and seems to be more in control so im a bit more confident.

28 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

My hope is always that the Senior pros like Pope, Legge and Joyce will calm down a wild child... my one concern is that it didn't really happen with Hannant and Whitfield. So I'm not sure we can bank on that.

Difference now is that Askey is here and seems to be more in control so im a bit more confident.

Askey is in tune with the owners, far different than the relationships, or not,  in the dark days.

Archived