onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

14 minutes ago, robf said:

All very true and I wonder if the fact he hasn't got a club on the eve of the new season may have had an affect too. Eleven goals last season and still no-one came in for him. If he wants a L2 career he may have to accept a reduced offer from Vale and be prepared to knuckle down to it.

We have some food pros at the club in the likes of Pope, Legge, Brown and Joyce. I’m pretty sure they will put him on the right path. He might be a bit of a “luxury” type player. But I think every squad has a place for that sort of player. As long as he did the business on the pitch and conducted himself well when representing the club, he can do and act how he likes in his personal life. But hopefully after being released from Carlisle the penny will have dropped with him somewhat.

2 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

This is the lad who I said was coming in few weeks back. He’s had a good trial at a league one club and done well and there’s us and another couple of league clubs interested. He’s very quick and beats players for fun but the only downside is the fact he’s lightweight. So I’m not sure he will make the step up. It’s worth having a look though and who knows what Askey and Dave will think. Good luck. 

I love it when we take a bit of a gamble on a player,will cost relatively little wage wise but reading reports on him if he could make that jump he sounds like one to excite the crowd,if he impresses might be worth a 2yr deal,loan him out for 12mths... sounds like the kind of player askey likes can play either wing or up front,there are a few clubs looking at him so he cant be bad,lets beat them to it

1 hour ago, robf said:

McKirdy would be a gamble but it's not like he's coming in and being able to walk into the first team. If he doesn't knuckle down/adjust there's still Worrall, Amoo, Montano, Rodney, Hurst who can play wide so I would imagine he will know he's got to put his head down and work hard to get into the starting XI (especially as he will be down on fitness). 

I think the main issue would be whether he disrupts the squad spirit. I believe Askey has put a big emphasis on players who are the right character and I guess that may be the key decision for the manager to make. 

I do think if he did sign, he could be a Pope/Hughes type figure - despised by the opposition fans but an asset if he is on your team. 

That's encouraging and worrying at the same time. He might have settled down because of his current circumstances but will he go back to his cocky ways once he has a contract? 

The last thing we need is someone who is going to cause an undercurrent in the dressing room or undermining team discipline and we don't want our key players having to waste their energy keeping him in check when we are pressing for promotion. 

It's up to JA of course but what worries me is that despite his impressive tally of 11 goals in 38 games, Carlisle still got rid after just one season. Clearly they'd had enough. 

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk but then I'm not the manager!

3 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

This is the lad who I said was coming in few weeks back. He’s had a good trial at a league one club and done well and there’s us and another couple of league clubs interested. He’s very quick and beats players for fun but the only downside is the fact he’s lightweight. So I’m not sure he will make the step up. It’s worth having a look though and who knows what Askey and Dave will think. Good luck. 

Askey`s father was a lightweight too, ask his opinion.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I take it though Jean that you would still back him if he pulled on our shirt?

Not going to happen. I know Harry and he said to me we would be one of the only clubs he wouldn't sign for. 

13 minutes ago, WV said:

Not going to happen. I know Harry and he said to me we would be one of the only clubs he wouldn't sign for. 

And I've just seen he is training with us so what do I know ha 

Archived