onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

It's odd that, apparently, at this late stage, there are still players out there without a club. And anyone who signs will be weeks behind the curve as they haven't done much training or played in friendly games.

I suppose there are loan players too. They might be fitter.

I'd prefer us to wait and see if Oyeleke is going to be able to do a full season and if not bring in another strong midfield player. We have a few lads who can pay on the wing already. But I think Askey has said he wants another wide man hasn't he?

35 minutes ago, TheSage said:

It's odd that, apparently, at this late stage, there are still players out there without a club. And anyone who signs will be weeks behind the curve as they haven't done much training or played in friendly games.

I suppose there are loan players too. They might be fitter.

I'd prefer us to wait and see if Oyeleke is going to be able to do a full season and if not bring in another strong midfield player. We have a few lads who can pay on the wing already. But I think Askey has said he wants another wide man hasn't he?

I think we definitely need another wide man. If Worrall or Amoo get injured we look very light. I think Monty is a better left back and Rodney looks better through the middle. 

I guess we can afford to wait a week or 2 though, there will be players out of contract getting desperate and Prem/Championship player becoming available to loan. The guy from league 1/2 podcast suggested Nathan Broadhead from Everton on loan. Played for Burton last season -reckoned he wasn’t quite good enough for top end league 1, but could be great in league 2. 

Fair points.

I think we often forget about loan players. Last season we had two very good ones here and if we could find just another one as good as those two then it would give us a big boost.

Certainly, having a fast winger to bring on towards the end of the game can be a plus. Browne did that a few times last year and made an impact.

Always good to see another player with pace who can dribble with the ball. I guess wingers are always among fans' favourites.

I think the problem with looking to bring in a winger on loan would be persuading the parent club that they will play enough given they would be behind amoo and Worrall. I can't see many championship clubs going for that

Fair points.
I think we often forget about loan players. Last season we had two very good ones here and if we could find just another one as good as those two then it would give us a big boost.
Certainly, having a fast winger to bring on towards the end of the game can be a plus. Browne did that a few times last year and made an impact.
Always good to see another player with pace who can dribble with the ball. I guess wingers are always among fans' favourites.

Any particular reason why the number 14 has been left vacant?
It was Danny Pugh's number. Is he still registered as a player? Will he just appear in the number 14 jersey again one day if we get an injury crisis?
I don't think he's going to be registered as a player because that will take up 1 of the 22 allowed

Archived