onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

21 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Makes you wonder if he will be able to forge a career now.

I reckon that a bit harsh... he had a long successful none league career and then joined a club in the championship which was probably a level too far. 

he has had 2 successful Spells in our league at Lincoln.

Both Ipswich and Lincoln fans say on their respective forums they would like him to sign next year.

Clearly has had some success playing for Askey and would be an excellent signing if we managed it. 

Interestingly, as well as out wide Lincoln deployed him through the middle as an advanced attacking mid and reckon he played very well there.

Advert

Lets not play the victim eh.... you know what you were doing there by dissecting a previous point on the number of goals to pick out a negative in there, so let’s not pretend you weren’t doing anything else but taking a positive and turning it into a dig. 
Just so I'm clear. It's perfectly ok for somebody to say that Pope scored 11 last season but it's not ok for somebody to add a bit of context to the basic statistic?

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Askey also said he lacked self-belief which might stop him achieving his potential in the same interview. He's 28 and played 23 EFL games.

According to wiki, he's played 76, unless I've counted it wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Rowe_(footballer,_born_1992)

Still, not that many for a lad of 28. JA will know him well enough to judge whether he can cut it. 

4 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

According to wiki, he's played 76, unless I've counted it wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Rowe_(footballer,_born_1992)

Still, not that many for a lad of 28. JA will know him well enough to judge whether he can cut it. 

I didn't realise he played at at Stockport in the league. I'd added up the Lincoln and Ipswich games and then typed in just the Ipswich ones. Just had a look on soccerbase and there are not many starts in that number. To be fair I think he did quite well at Lincoln.

48 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I reckon that a bit harsh... he had a long successful none league career and then joined a club in the championship which was probably a level too far. 

Both Ipswich and Lincoln fans say on their respective forums they would like him to sign next year.

Clearly has had some success playing for Askey and would be an excellent signing if we managed it. 

Interestingly, as well as out wide Lincoln deployed him through the middle as an advanced attacking mid and reckon he played very well there.

Have no idea about the Lincoln forum. The Ipswich forum had most fans saying he wasn't really good enough when they released him.

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

Pope got 1 (that's right, 1) from open play in the league last season. If that puts him ahead of Robinson then so be it, but can't see it myself.

I personally think that JA needs a striker that he can rely on to be available first and foremost so that the training during the week can concentrate on the system that he wants to play. If Cullen wasn't so injury prone I think he would be ahead of both Robinson and pope but, as it is, Robinson I think is the man he will look at as his preferred choice, barring Rodney developing quicker than expected.

I must have dreamt the Morecambe home game then, could swear both Pope's goals were from open play that day? 

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I didn’t mean it to sound so harsh, more as a observation in the current climate that with no club and not that many EFL appearances under his belt that it may be hard at his age to get back to where he wants to be. 

57 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think fitness would be the major issue with Rowe after his injury,that could be why he is without a club at the moment

I think its a buyers market as well, the current situation could well have worked in clubs favours looking to pick up players on good deals.

25 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Well if you are going to use stats in an odd crusade against a player at least get them right

Not the first time hes made himself look a plonker with the wrong information with the weird agenda against Pope. Oh well, I'm sure there will be another stat that can used instead.

9 minutes ago, Tean Vale said:

Although he's way above our wage structure, just seen that Marcus Maddison is looking for a club after being released from Peterborough...

Beggars cant be choosers and all that!

I'm sure I read he was off the America. Could be wrong but it was definitely a Peterborough forward.

Archived