onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

58 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Reading this thread is making me bipolar. I look at the above and think, oh great...we missed out on a definite starter to someone not even guaranteed a place in the bench (and that’s meant to be from someone who thinks it’s a great signing). To the below when I think, ooh that looks tasty. 

But then I’m all...if he was scoring so frequently, why did they put him on the bench for a third of his games? 

Colchester played with one up front, like we do. Its a bit like saying Cullen is a bad striker because Pope started some games. 

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

According to social media Maynard will be on a 15K a goal bonus for Mansfield. Surely that can't be true? If it is that's ridiculous and no wonder it threw a spanner in the works in regards to us getting him.

Not a chance will he be on that much per goal.

But in general I wonder if he was playing clubs off against each other to force his Mansfield salary up?

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Not a chance will he be on that much per goal.

But in general I wonder if he was playing clubs off against each other to force his Mansfield salary up?

From what I can gather he had actually agreed terms with us without making actual promises to sign, but then got a better offer which turned his head. Had Vale upped the contract offered to him he would no doubt have been our player but I think Askey and the club were right not to.

Perhaps it's only a good thing. Had we signed him expectations would have gone through the roof and a lot of people would have been nailing us on as someone that should be in the top three which is always dangerous going into a season. I prefer to go into a season quietly optimistic of doing well.

I quite like his interview and that he was upfront about his first stint not being his best. Struggling to think of any player who has done better in his second stint at the club. There are a lot who have done better in their second season.

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

Reading this thread is making me bipolar. I look at the above and think, oh great...we missed out on a definite starter to someone not even guaranteed a place in the bench (and that’s meant to be from someone who thinks it’s a great signing). To the below when I think, ooh that looks tasty. 

But then I’m all...if he was scoring so frequently, why did they put him on the bench for a third of his games? 

Pope was our top scorer but spent time on the bench.

Was gutted when I saw the news this morning. But obviously money talks when it comes to Maynard and I'm just glad we managed to get someone in instead of waiting about till last minute. This draws a line over it now and we can move on. Fair play to the vale though they matched mansfield offer pretty much which is something we couldn't even come close to years ago.

Happy to give Theo a chance,  he seems like he's up for it and if he can bang in a few goals with Pope , Cullen and Rodney I don't see why we can't be up there next season. 

4 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
5 minutes ago, JRC said:
I quite like his interview and that he was upfront about his first stint not being his best. Struggling to think of any player who has done better in his second stint at the club. There are a lot who have done better in their second season.

Tom Pope did better in his second stint

Depends whether you consider the first stint ended with his loan. If you consider at as 3 stints you are correct. Mick Cullerton probably meets the criteria but can't remember his first stint.

Welcome back Theo - just give it your all and ignore the negativity on here.  A lot of keyboard warriors obviously know the game better than John Askey because they saw you play a few games for us a few years ago.  Different times, different team.  I wish you every success in your second stint at this wonderful club.

To those who have thrown a hissy fit because Maynard wasn't prepared to come and play for us, and used us as leverage against Mansfield - play nicely and give Robinson a chance eh?  It's not his fault his not Nicky Maynard.  With a bit of support, he may just give us that extra option up front.  Good luck Theo, and perhaps best not to read what Vale fans write on here until you've scored twenty goals by the end of November.  It's what Maynard would have done apparently.

Give me strength....

Welcome back Theo - just give it your all and ignore the negativity on here.  A lot of keyboard warriors obviously know the game better than John Askey because they saw you play a few games for us a few years ago.  Different times, different team.  I wish you every success in your second stint at this wonderful club.
To those who have thrown a hissy fit because Maynard wasn't prepared to come and play for us, and used us as leverage against Mansfield - play nicely and give Robinson a chance eh?  It's not his fault his not Nicky Maynard.  With a bit of support, he may just give us that extra option up front.  Good luck Theo, and perhaps best not to read what Vale fans write on here until you've scored twenty goals by the end of November.  It's what Maynard would have done apparently.
Give me strength....

Thats it if Maynard was playing a game we are bettter off without. We want people who will play for the shirt and fit our mould. Askey knows what he is doing.

Archived