onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

I thought Robinson looked pretty decent when we had him the last time around. He was lacking a bit of match fitness but his second goal for the club was a brilliant finish. I wonder if he's one of those players who if he's happy (and who wouldn't be at Vale) will go on a bit of a run and be a real danger upfront? 

This is a reminder of that second goal:

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Watch the league 2 playoffs when he featured. The chances he missed. I remember saying to my wife at the time..”thank god he does not play for Vale anymore” after being sent clean through and somehow managing to blaze it over. 

So he had a game where he missed a load of chances. Big deal. We're not signing Lewandowski. We are League Two Port Vale. The fact that he might need a bunch of chances to convert is why he has always played lower league football. Regardless of that game, his goals to games ratio over the last two seasons is very positive.

37 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If he's genuinely improved so much and been a big part of Colchester team, why didn't they sign him when he came available?

Because they are skint. This is the Colchester side who released a load of senior players in the summer because they couldn't afford them - I doubt they could have got anywhere near his wages.

2 minutes ago, robf said:

Because they are skint. This is the Colchester side who released a load of senior players in the summer because they couldn't afford them - I doubt they could have got anywhere near his wages.

That is true. Colchester appear in big trouble. 

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

Even MK Don's fans would struggle getting motivated playing for them 

Yeah, but you can't ignore my point. He had two dreadful seasons followed by two good ones. Now Theo has joined us, we're ignoring his good seasons. On big wages, Maynard was a risk at 33.

After all the hype of Nicky Maynard, this comes as something of a disappointment but, looking at Theo's scoring record in L2, he's managed 35 in 102 games, so one in three or thereabouts. 

So we'll have to see. 

He won't be the first striker to have come to the Vale with a historically indifferent if not poor strike record.

1 minute ago, Moz said:

Yeah, but you can't ignore my point. He had two dreadful seasons followed by two good ones. Now Theo has joined us, we're ignoring his good seasons. On big wages, Maynard was a risk at 33.

I'm not ignoring it mate.  2 bad seasons in what must be 15.

He would not have been a risk imo.

Archived