onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

Just now, Doha said:

I hope so. Perhaps I'm underwhelmed because I've just been given the keys to a Vauxhall Astra I used to own when alternatively that Jim Bowen bastrd was dangling a new speedboat at me. 

To be honest when I first read Robinson had signed I was about to start looking up a nearby therapist on Google. I got him mixed up in my mind with Calvin <ovf censored> Andrew! Granted Robinson was still pretty poor for us during his loan spell here when Page was manager, but one quick look at his record on Wikipedia suggests that there's a bit of hope, and he certainly doesn't deserve to be written off because of an unhappy stint here a long time ago. He and Cullen might rotate and they're not too dissimilar as players. Most teams in the league would love to have Cullen, Pope and Robinson as their forward options.

13 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Since when did any of those you mentioned score nearly 20 goals in not much over 40 games while on loan recently at two clubs?!

They didnt, fair does.

I'm going off what I saw last time out  which was dross.

There is no comparison between maynard and Robinson. 

I do take your point, his records picked up.

A bit.

Hope he does well for us.

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

I hope so. Perhaps I'm underwhelmed because I've just been given the keys to a Vauxhall Astra I used to own when alternatively that Jim Bowen bastrd was dangling a new speedboat at me. 

Fair point. 

But we should be used to that by now as Vale fans. It happens to us all the time. If a player turns us down it's out of our hands.

I'm not too downhearted about it. Along with Cullen, Pope and Rodney I think he gives us quite a strong quartet and might even be good enough to start for us over the others (and no I haven't been on the pop!)

2 minutes ago, j_grainger10 said:

and is now 1 of 4 striking options we have. 

Ding ding ding.

Jake Taylor, a youth midfielder, was joint or 1 below joint top scorer last season.

We were poor up front. There's no getting around that. We relied heavily on the midfield to pick up the slack and full credit to them because Amoo, Worrall, Taylor etc pulled it out the bag. 

We needed a starter. A top forward at this level, to kick on. This is why people were very happy with Maynard. 

As @Andyregs very deftly points out - who's more likely to be the main man to fit that role we really need to kick on? Maynard or Robinson? Is Robinson really going to be the clinical, nailed on starter, deadly option we needed up front? We didn't need another rotation option, we needed a main man. 

Just now, eh up nah said:

They didnt, fair does.

I'm going off what I saw last time out  which was dross.

There is no comparison between maynard and Robinson. 

I do take your point, his records picked up.

A bit.

Hope he does well for us.

They're completely different types of player for a start. Maynard is an out and out striker and Robinson a forward/wide player. Admittedly Maynard would have been more exciting but I'd rather have someone who is chomping at the bit and really wants to play for us than someone who only came to play for us because he didn't get what he wanted or expected elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

:laugh:

Get in the sea, clown. 

What does that even mean ?   Just get behind your club instead of moaning because we haven't got a player who obviously doesn't want to play for us , its not hard , its called being a supporter , if he plays a few games for us and stinks the place out fair enough .But if he reads this( more fool him ) and sees comments from you and the likes what message does that send out ?

Stop thinking you know everything about football cos your on here a lot  and try to enjoy it !

Just now, valeblue said:

What does that even mean ?   Just get behind your club instead of moaning because we haven't got a player who obviously doesn't want to play for us , its not hard , its called being a supporter , if he plays a few games for us and stinks the place out fair enough .But if he reads this( more fool him ) and sees comments from you and the likes what message does that send out ?

Stop thinking you know everything about football cos your on here a lot  and try to enjoy it !

Thanks for instructing me on how to support a football club, I wasn't sure before. 

28 minutes ago, valeblue said:

Money apparently , or he didn't want to play for them anymore ?

Watch the league 2 playoffs when he featured. The chances he missed. I remember saying to my wife at the time..”thank god he does not play for Vale anymore” after being sent clean through and somehow managing to blaze it over. 

Archived