onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

Take this with a pinch of salt... there is a Bloke on Twitter who is a Mansfield fan who I have been messaging for a while over Maynard. 

He called it very early that it was between us and Bradford and called it again that Mansfield came back in for his at the very last min... he claims to know some of the Mansfield players and a well known agents from Stoke on Trent...does he know What’s going on... I have no idea.

When I chatted to him today, I asked about the difference in the offers. He says the Mansfield offer is significantly higher than the vales and not just through goal bonuses. He also said he expects it to be all sorted by Wednesday and that Mansfield are now favourites.

Once again... no idea if this is true or not but thought I would share!

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Take this with a pinch of salt... there is a Bloke on Twitter who is a Mansfield fan who I have been messaging for a while over Maynard. 

He called it very early that it was between us and Bradford and called it again that Mansfield came back in for his at the very last min... he claims to know some of the Mansfield players and a well known agents from Stoke on Trent...does he know What’s going on... I have no idea.

When I chatted to him today, I asked about the difference in the offers. He says the Mansfield offer is significantly higher than the vales and not just through goal bonuses. He also said he expects it to be all sorted by Wednesday and that Mansfield are now favourites.

Fair enough...Life goes on, I'm positive Askey will have other irons in the fire.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

That is true. There offer is much higher than ours. (Basic wage). 

Time to move on no need to compete with what they’ve offered. Move on imo. 

6 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I certainly wouldnt get in a bidding war for him,he has messed us around enough now

Fatwaite wouldnt increase wage offers to players , remember he dropped their wages.

He dropped them and then offerd higher wages to Bruno and that lot. Blimey that was a horrible time. But we just seemed to keep signing and signing qnd signing players under him no stability.

In Carol and Kevin we trust.

I think Maynard wants to come to vale , he won’t want the travelling at his age , he just wants the best deal possible and at 33 it’s understandable

So he’s possibly using Mansfield to get vale to up there offer ( which they won’t ) so he has a decision to make
Apparently Mansfield have said that they would welcome Maynard back , but wont be budging on the money side of the contract he was offered.

Whoever it is (I'm inclined towards a keeper) it's one of the final pieces of the jigsaw and probably leaves just one additional place left, loans excluded. We're getting there. Patience is in short supply at the moment because there's a buzz about the place - with the new shirts, small improvements around the ground and fixtures writ large - in addition to rumours on social media linking us with Y & Z. And, of course, strikers always create the most interest.

Archived