onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

In my view there's only one way of reading a club employee tweeting 'you can afford to get excited' about a tweet which explicitly mentions what a 'dream' it would to unveil Maynard with the new kit,

I don't think a black away kit is anyone's dream. I don't think people would be 'getting excited' over a black away kit.

We'll find out in 40 minutes but I simply refuse to believe Tideswell has scored such a massive own goal here. It would be disastrous from a guy tasked with communications.

33 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If Maynard isn't announced, our Communications Director needs to have a look at himself.

There's no way his tweets mean anything but that. 

However, as others have said, this club has hurt me too many times before. 

Tideswell started the thread on Twitter and it was purely about the new strip. Other people brought Maynard into the thread. Maybe we'll sign Maynard and maybe we won't.  The point of the thread was to hype the new kit. The away kit is nice, for me way nicer than the home one. Why it's black is a bit of a mystery as it clashes with the home one. I've read the whole tweet; all I see is someone hyping up the launch and people fishing to see if Maynard is signing.

Advert

9 minutes ago, JRC said:

Tideswell started the thread on Twitter and it was purely about the new strip. Other people brought Maynard into the thread. Maybe we'll sign Maynard and maybe we won't.  The point of the thread was to hype the new kit. The away kit is nice, for me way nicer than the home one. Why it's black is a bit of a mystery as it clashes with the home one. I've read the whole tweet; all I see is someone hyping up the launch and people fishing to see if Maynard is signing.

None of this is even slightly close to being true.

The initial tweet which started the thread. No involvement from Tideswell anywhere. Maynard is clearly, and explicitly, mentioned. There is no way you could miss it.

Unofficial Vale then retweeted it. Still no Tideswell. "That's the dream". Obviously not referring to the kit. A black kit is not 'a dream':

THEN Tideswell turns up with a cryptic 'eyes'. This is his first involvement. He definitely didn't start the thread, as suggested, and Maynard is still clearly involved:

Someone then tweeted this to Tideswell's eyes tweet:

And Tideswell responded with:

None of what you said is true. Tideswell joined a thread he hadn't started which clearly mentions Maynard. 

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Joe, if you look at MT's tweets, he often uses those eyes.

Which begs the question why respond to a tweet that clearly mentions Maynard with the eyes, and then follow that up saying fans 'can afford to be excited'?

From what I've heard the kit is fairly solid but definitely not worth getting 'excited' or dreaming about.

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

None of this is even slightly close to being true.

The initial tweet which started the thread. No involvement from Tideswell anywhere. Maynard is clearly, and explicitly, mentioned. There is no way you could miss it.

Unofficial Vale then retweeted it. Still no Tideswell. "That's the dream". Obviously not referring to the kit:

THEN Tideswell turns up with a cryptic 'eyes'. This is his first involvement. He definitely didn't start the thread, as suggested, and Maynard is still clearly involved:

Someone then tweeted this to Tideswell's eyes tweet:

And Tideswell responded with:

None of what you said is true. Tideswell joined a thread he hadn't started which clearly mentions Maynard.

And absolutely none of your screenshots show Tideswell saying we are about to sign Maynard. It's pretty much out there the new kit is black. 

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

why are people so obsessed over tideswell,i dont get it,if we sign someone great if not we move on,i am still convinced he was saying about people getting excited about the kit,some people do you know,not me i will add

Shouldn't have told people to 'get excited' in a tweet about Maynard then, should he.

I have no idea what a Communications Director does, but whipping fans up with unclear communications probably isn't in the job remit.

Just now, JRC said:

And absolutely none of your screenshots show Tideswell saying we are about to sign Maynard. It's pretty much out there the new kit is black. 

Yes so why would he tell us we can 'afford to be excited?' if we know the kit is black?

Maynard is very clearly in the original tweet.

Cannot believe people are letting the 'Communications Director' off the hook here. Absolute PR nightmare. People will be underwhelmed with the kit as they're expecting Maynard.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Which begs the question why respond to a tweet that clearly mentions Maynard with the eyes, and then follow that up saying fans 'can afford to be excited'?

From what I've heard the kit is fairly solid but definitely not worth getting 'excited' or dreaming about.

The post clearly also mentions the kit. Due to lack of crowds sales of kit will be our main source of income. 

Archived