onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

The Over 21 space could be freed up if one went on loan for the season maybe?

In terms of the rules I am not sure how it works... it could be like the European Competitions where you just have to register the X amount of over 21s so if some where not likely to be involved in the league games then could be cut from the registered league squad?

Rules are so messy who knows! Some suggestion it’s actually 24 so we’d have four spaces left.

If the budget allows it getting both would be a huge statement of intent! Guess if there is plenty left under the wage cap say 6k per week you could go and do it.

Advert

Surely we would have to pay a transfer fee for Hope? - Swindon bought him from Carlisle in January (undisclosed fee which Carlisle's manager described as "a good deal for the club"), and he's still got a year on his contract - he's only played 5 games for Swindon!

Depends if they want him off the wage bill I guess? Pandemic has changed things financially for many clubs.

18 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Depends if they want him off the wage bill I guess? Pandemic has changed things financially for many clubs.

Exactly... look at whitehead.

Plus he may have been told that he won’t be registered as one of their squad players so it could make sense to all parties.

I still think this is a backup to the number one target though.

Askey is a master of the dark arts of transfers... has this been leaked at just the right moment to let someone know we have options? 

36 minutes ago, TheSage said:

It is indeed. 

I'm happy to go with the flow & trust the Club to do what they think is best. A bit of speculation and rumour always gets the juices flowing.

When does the transfer window shut? I've lost sense of what's happening now.

October 5th, 11pm. but  PL can trade with EFL clubs until 5pm on the 16th, for loans or permanent registrations.

We're not interested in Hope, according to Bowers.
https://twitter.com/PhilJBowers/status/1296389017253052418

It’s probably as I thought Joe, Askey being clever enough to make a tentative enquiry about someone else hoping it may force the hand of his top target, I think it’s probably the worst kept secret in football as to who it is, but I have to say supporters have done remarkably well so far not to put the name up in flashing lights in a weird mixture of optimism/hope/fear that it will come off for us. Have to say though, I like the lad and I’ve been impressed every time I’ve seen Hope.

Archived