onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

6 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Maynard is a class act, even at the age of 34. Surely he’d only come if he was given the number one strikers position, which means Rodney would be fourth and either Pope or Cullen for second. I see Cullen is injured again and would a Maynard and Pope partnership work. I’d imagine that he is one of the top wage earners in L2 and he currently has a contract at Mansfield, which will be lucrative how they’ve thrown money about in previous seasons and also this one. He was part of a team at Bury who were on huge contracts hence the demise of the club. I personally thought he’d join the exodus of Bury players last year who went to Plymouth. The question that I have to ask is if he moved now, would he not be wage capped, which could mean a huge drop in his salary and a  transfer fee.

I think given Pope’s ban (and he is 35) Cullen’s injury record, Rodney’s rawness, and that Maynard is 34, we probably could keep everyone happy with rotation. 

It would be a great signing if it came off 🤞 If not, we need someone is a similar mould. 

Advert

10 minutes ago, The French Connection said:
6 hours ago, blackdog said:
Would be a good signing for us, lives locally in South Cheshire as well, so would cut down on his travelling, the Vale might appeal to him, joint runner up in the goal scoring chart in our division last season, when was the last time we signed someone with that pedigree ? 

Bernie Slaven?

Lee Hughes

Former Vale loanee Uche has signed for Wycombe. Gets a lot of stick but him and Enoch were unstoppable against Wigan when we played them. 

Gotta feel for the other teams back four dealing uche and akinfenwa as a pairing !

With Enoch they were excellent but he faded once he was injured.

I recall Gillingham at home they gave their defence a torrid time who resorted to just booting them... sure it was Doncaster as well when one of their lads fell and grabbed Uches leg as he went past him and he just kept going and dragged him along!

If them two had stayed fit and together we’d have possibly made the play offs that year.

Sign Maynard up. Getting on a bit in football terms but a class act at this level with an extremely good scoring record even in poor sides. Exactly what we need and would be 1st choice. You need a couple of quality players to push in this league he would certainly be one of them. 

15 hours ago, valefan16 said:

sure it was Doncaster as well when one of their lads fell and grabbed Uches leg as he went past him and he just kept going and dragged him along!

I remember Craig Dawson practically pulling his shorts down away at WBA. :laugh:

16 hours ago, valefan16 said:

With Enoch they were excellent but he faded once he was injured.

I recall Gillingham at home they gave their defence a torrid time who resorted to just booting them... sure it was Doncaster as well when one of their lads fell and grabbed Uches leg as he went past him and he just kept going and dragged him along!

If them two had stayed fit and together we’d have possibly made the play offs that year.

Can't rewrite history, but for some bizarre reason Page completely froze Uche out after his disgraceful sending off at Burton. 

Hindsight is great isn't it, but that was an awful decision by Page. 

8 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Maybe Uche wanted to move away for personal reasons.

It is possible yes, i remember that game at Burton he had a harshish yellow and then was booked again for a dive, seemed a joke decision by the ref at the time.

Seemed then to lose his way in Page plans although to be fair didn't Leitch-Smith go on a good run for a while.

He had a six month loan deal which ended in January, Vale chose not to follow up the option.

If it was a personal decision by Page he is the manager as per Askey with Whitfield.

Just personally i felt there was a raw talent in there and now 5 years on at 25 years of age he is in The Championship. 

According also to The Sentinel, Visser didn't feature yesterday and Askey looking at others. 

Askey added: “Dino's not been written off, we are still looking at what else is about but we have had a decent look at him.”

Season starts in 17 days time so we need a keeper in quickly.

I myself have said previously that i was surprised Maddison was released , not because he is any good ( i never saw him play ) but because of Covid and the faff we had last summer and he was cheap as chips. 

Visser at 31 with 80 games in a decade didn't strike me as the heir apparent to Scott Brown which many have said on here is what we would be looking to bring in.

With only Rochdale to play i really hope that the GK position is not going to be problematic again.

On 17/08/2020 at 13:01, Conrad said:

Normally I would agree with that, but in the current climate, and with him nearing the end of his career, he’s probably realised that he will have to take a pay cut wherever he goes.

i think he started at Crwho, so if he’s fairly local, what he loses in wages, he’ll save in travelling costs.

He was born and brought up in Winsford and now lives in Audlem.

Archived