onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

1 hour ago, Jacob_123 said:

I always find it amazing how people have an in depth knowledge of every player who is even mentioned emoji23.png

How could you have not have seen Maynard before? If you go to watch Vale you'll have seen him a few times for Crewe/Bury/Mansfield/MK Dons over the years!

And, I have a part-time role alongside my current job where I work in football and have to watch a LOT of games - so I consider myself to have a fairly decent knowledge of most lower league players.

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Does that mean it is him????

Surely the wages themselves would be out of our league? 

Normally I would agree with that, but in the current climate, and with him nearing the end of his career, he’s probably realised that he will have to take a pay cut wherever he goes.

i think he started at Crwho, so if he’s fairly local, what he loses in wages, he’ll save in travelling costs.

Maynard is a class act, even at the age of 34. Surely he’d only come if he was given the number one strikers position, which means Rodney would be fourth and either Pope or Cullen for second. I see Cullen is injured again and would a Maynard and Pope partnership work. I’d imagine that he is one of the top wage earners in L2 and he currently has a contract at Mansfield, which will be lucrative how they’ve thrown money about in previous seasons and also this one. He was part of a team at Bury who were on huge contracts hence the demise of the club. I personally thought he’d join the exodus of Bury players last year who went to Plymouth. The question that I have to ask is if he moved now, would he not be wage capped, which could mean a huge drop in his salary and a  transfer fee.

Maynard is a class act, even at the age of 34. Surely he’d only come if he was given the number one strikers position, which means Rodney would be fourth and either Pope or Cullen for second. I see Cullen is injured again and would a Maynard and Pope partnership work. I’d imagine that he is one of the top wage earners in L2 and he currently has a contract at Mansfield, which will be lucrative how they’ve thrown money about in previous seasons and also this one. He was part of a team at Bury who were on huge contracts hence the demise of the club. I personally thought he’d join the exodus of Bury players last year who went to Plymouth. The question that I have to ask is if he moved now, would he not be wage capped, which could mean a huge drop in his salary and a  transfer fee.

Not contracted at Mansfield. Currently a free agent.

24 minutes ago, JRC said:

There is some talk Maynard is off to Sunderland.

I would imagine if we are interested we may still hold the advantage in some areas with the exception of wages.

It's much easier geographically to switch from Mansfield to Burslem than Mansfield to Sunderland. We're a far more stable club than Sunderland. He'd surely be our first choice striker (may not be the case at Sunderland) and we offer him the chance of potentially getting another promotion on his CV. 

Would be a good signing for us, lives locally in South Cheshire as well, so would cut down on his travelling, the Vale might appeal to him, joint runner up in the goal scoring chart in our division last season, when was the last time we signed someone with that pedigree ? 

26 minutes ago, robf said:

I would imagine if we are interested we may still hold the advantage in some areas with the exception of wages.

It's much easier geographically to switch from Mansfield to Burslem than Mansfield to Sunderland. We're a far more stable club than Sunderland. He'd surely be our first choice striker (may not be the case at Sunderland) and we offer him the chance of potentially getting another promotion on his CV. 

He would need a long course of injections before risking a move to Sunderland.

Archived