onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Bradbury has a very unusual career path for someone who on paper doesn't appear to be able to hit a barn door.

How do you go from Pompey to Watford to Oxford to Millwall while hardly scoring any goals along the way?

Because your dad is lee Bradbury, who was very very good tbf

Advert

So the two keepers on trial are Dino Visser (31) and Rhys Lovett (23) ......upon being released by Cheltenham Rhys thanked the keepers who had coached and helped him including some keeper called Scotty Brown.....so would the old head as standby or a keeper the club can improve and bring through make sense.....Brown turns 36 this season and is out of contract at the end of the season but might have another season in the tank but thinking if Brown hangs up the gloves and the club already have Lovett and then sign another good young keeper and perhaps keep Brown on as goalkeeping coach while still registered to play.

3 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So the two keepers on trial are Dino Visser (31) and Rhys Lovett (23) ......upon being released by Cheltenham Rhys thanked the keepers who had coached and helped him including some keeper called Scotty Brown.....so would the old head as standby or a keeper the club can improve and bring through make sense.....Brown turns 36 this season and is out of contract at the end of the season but might have another season in the tank but thinking if Brown hangs up the gloves and the club already have Lovett and then sign another good young keeper and perhaps keep Brown on as goalkeeping coach while still registered to play.

We already have a goalkeeping coach in Ronnie Sinclair.

So as of right now our starting 11 and bench might be something like this:

Brown

Gibbons, Smith, Legge, Montano

Conlon Joyce Burgess

Amoo Worrall

Cullen

Subs: New GK, Brisley, Mills, Oyeleke, Whitehead, Browne/Rodney, Pope

Obviously at his best Oyeleke would be in there but such was the form of Burgess and Conlon at the back end of last season that it would be unfair to bench them for a player that needs to prove he can stay fit.

Is Cullen the right man to lead the line as a lone forward? I think he would be better playing alongside Pope or someone of that ilk but that would mean changing formation.

What I will say is that I genuinely can't remember the last time we had such a strong subs bench, and that's without adding any more permanent or loan signings.

45 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So as of right now our starting 11 and bench might be something like this:

Brown

Gibbons, Smith, Legge, Montano

Conlon Joyce Burgess

Amoo Worrall

Cullen

Subs: New GK, Brisley, Mills, Oyeleke, Whitehead, Browne/Rodney, Pope

Obviously at his best Oyeleke would be in there but such was the form of Burgess and Conlon at the back end of last season that it would be unfair to bench them for a player that needs to prove he can stay fit.

Is Cullen the right man to lead the line as a lone forward? I think he would be better playing alongside Pope or someone of that ilk but that would mean changing formation.

What I will say is that I genuinely can't remember the last time we had such a strong subs bench, and that's without adding any more permanent or loan signings.

Agree re the subs bench.

So good to see.

I saw enough of Cullen last season to believe he could be an excellent lone striker.

He links up play very well and his movement is very good.

Doesn't waste his energy on tussling with Neanderthal centre halves!

Just saying if say Rhys Lovett and say Harvey Bradbury were to sign and concerning Frank Sinclair's coaching role consider.....

First the older players first eleven......

Brown

Mills/Brisley/Legge/Montano

Oyeleke/Joyce/Whitehead

Amoo/Cullen/Worrall

(sub:Pope)

Then consider the younger players.....

Lovett

Gibbons/Smith/Crookes/Cambell-Gordon

Burgess/Conlon/Hurst

Browne/Bradbury/Rodney

Frank Sinclair would obviously coach the reserves which would include many young first team fringe players under development and the best handfull of youth team players and first/second year professionals while Mick Ede would continue coaching the youth team it is perhaps a response to the fact that no youth team graduates came through and also that building for the future Askey has seven or eight under 23 players in the squad who might benefit from extra coaching....kinda makes sense.

Well quite "reserve team" or "friendlies team/paint pot trophy team" but the under 23 players can get extra coaching for development and the best out of the youth team can be invited along for sessions because usually two or three of the best get offered terms but this year none which is kinda shocking...suppose Sinclairs job is to get two or three youth players into this "development squad" extra sessions with a view to first year professional terms and also to get the U23 players into the first team as regulars....kinda makes sense for players on the fringe of the matchday squad and in terms of homegrown youth graduates.

Taking the players in the squad that are u23 away from the main group is a bad idea IMO. Players like Gibbo and Burgess for example are already first team regulars. I don’t see the benefit of them going away from the rest of the team and having different coaching methods and tactics from someone else. Besides in the week they do games against each other,  drills and routines that benefit them on a match day. They need to be part of that. Also they won’t get the same benefit of training with youth players as they do with the experienced players in current first team squad.

To me sinclairs role is a bit unclear as we have no u23 squad, only u18s, so I don’t understand what he’s going to be doing.  Unless it’s to provide better coaching than possibly the Ede brothers are doing currently with the u18s?

Taking the players in the squad that are u23 away from the main group is a bad idea IMO. Players like Gibbo and Burgess for example are already first team regulars. I don’t see the benefit of them going away from the rest of the team and having different coaching methods and tactics from someone else. Besides in the week they do games against each other,  drills and routines that benefit them on a match day. They need to be part of that. Also they won’t get the same benefit of training with youth players as they do with the experienced players in current first team squad.

To me sinclairs role is a bit unclear as we have no u23 squad, only u18s, so I don’t understand what he’s going to be doing.  Unless it’s to provide better coaching than possibly the Ede brothers are doing currently with the u18s?

There’s an interview online about it next week

PV1973.....in an attempt to make sense of Frank Sinclairs role don't think any in the first team matchday squad will need to do extra sessions but maybe say Cambell-Gordon/Hurst/Rodney and say Lovett and Bradbury if signed while if say Crookes isn't making the matchday squad then inorder to maintain fitness/sharpness/focus and they will not be training with the youth team but hopefully one or two stand out youth players will be included in any such extra sessions....if the idea is to get fringe U23 players fast tracked with extra coaching and get a few of the best potential youth graduates ready for professional life it kinda makes sense.

Archived