onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Harvey Bradbury 21 could be a good signing and will learn a lot from Pope before Pope hangs up the boots.....so that would mean Amoo on the right Cullen/Pope down the middle and Worral on the left and young players breaking through Browne/Bradbury/Rodney.

Seen a few clips of Bradbury good with his head,good first touch and lay offs,good hold up play but also sharp around the box and can finish but also for a big man quick and can run in behind....also a hard worker.....sort of player who would fit an Askey team.....kinda a good allrounder.

Comments above that we need an older experienced striker who has been there and done it well isn't that exactly Pope and Cullen while Bradbury and Rodney will learn a lot off these two and it would be a waste not to have a couple of strikers who can learn the tricks of the trade of these two and both have played enough games in non-league to be given their chance at first team football now.

Advert

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

He's a 21yo, 6'3 target man style striker in the mould of a young Tom Pope!

If we were going to sign him as a development player I wouldn't be against this (low wage, loan him out into non-league, look to improve him to progress into the 1st team).

Maybe with the appointment of Frank Sinclair we might re-introduce the development squad idea?

Isn't he potentially a "rough diamond" which people used to clamour for?

40 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Harvey Bradbury 21 could be a good signing and will learn a lot from Pope before Pope hangs up the boots.....so that would mean Amoo on the right Cullen/Pope down the middle and Worral on the left and young players breaking through Browne/Bradbury/Rodney.

Seen a few clips of Bradbury good with his head,good first touch and lay offs,good hold up play but also sharp around the box and can finish but also for a big man quick and can run in behind....also a hard worker.....sort of player who would fit an Askey team.....kinda a good allrounder.

Comments above that we need an older experienced striker who has been there and done it well isn't that exactly Pope and Cullen while Bradbury and Rodney will learn a lot off these two and it would be a waste not to have a couple of strikers who can learn the tricks of the trade of these two and both have played enough games in non-league to be given their chance at first team football now.

Honestly you can make any player look good with a series of clips. Even big Reg. 

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Isn't he potentially a "rough diamond" which people used to clamour for?

I thought Rodney fulfilled that criteria for this season, hence the 3 year contract. 

I'm all for getting young lads in who we can develop but I'm still of the view we need an EFL experienced forward. Cullen has had myriad injury issues for 3 years, Pope is missing the first 6, and Rodney, as Askey has openly stated, is a long-term player.

If Cullen pulls up in pre-season, or at any point in the first 6, I wouldn't want the choice to be Rodney/Bradbury, but that's just me.

I think the squad is ready to rumble if the forward is secured. Just hope it isn't silly season with the wages.

10 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

So we sign Sinclair to develop young talent then we go into meltdown when we dare get some young talent on trial emoji2369.png

Who's had a meltdown mate? Literally just seen a few people say 'fine, he's a gamble, I would also like a more experienced forward'. Or just a bit of hyperbole?

PV 1973 was just reporting on the clips seen.....fairly long clips but watching the movement and general play of Bradbury.....certainly not definitive obviously but a sense of the skill set and the strengths and weakness of a player....six three and good in the air/good with his head but also decent first touch and lay offs in short decent hold up play but also seemed to be a bit of a goal sniffer around the box being quick to respond and seems to have a finish but the thing that stood out for a big man fast and mobile....good allrounder with potential....now like Rodney has played a lot of mens football on loan already and Rodney 22 turns 23 this season and Bradbury 21 turns 22 this season....either or both could be a handfull for a defence and in terms of age Gibbons/Burgess/Browne and Clark/Taylor were old enough and good enough for the first team.

I would imagine that this lad is indeed the kind of rough diamond that we might be able to polish and give him an opportunity. His dad (pretty irrelevant, I know) was a very good player.

One of the problems we have with forwards is that we tend only to play one at any one time, unless we need to change tack and throw two up top. So we can't play everyone from the start. We've got three here already: Pope, Cullen & Rodney. I can't really see us signing a player who will be an automatic pick and push those three onto the bench/out of the squad. So I'm assuming a young lad with potential to learn from and watch Pope would be the way to go. 

I wouldn't say no to a proven striker but I don't see it happening. If this lad shows some ability and commitment - along with one of the keepers on trial - then that is probably that unless the loan market opens up for us.

33 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Mellor! no offence to the esteemed Vale Fan in Alsager but there is no attempt to put forward different formations Askey plays 4/3/3.

On paper yes, but it's not quite that simple. 4/3/3, 4/1/2/3, you could call it whatever you want.  OK, it's usually a fairly rigid 4 at the back, plus we have that sitting midfielder, but the rest is pretty fluid to my eye.  So, being pedantic, I guess we're usually a 4/1/ something or other. 😬

Archived