onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

A dodgy EFL rumours account links us with Jake Hyde, Woking forward.

He's 30, scored 16 in the Conference last season. Has had a couple of seasons where he managed double figures in League 2, but that was in 2013 and 2015. Not a massively prolific player.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A dodgy EFL rumours account links us with Jake Hyde, Woking forward.

He's 30, scored 16 in the Conference last season. Has had a couple of seasons where he managed double figures in League 2, but that was in 2013 and 2015. Not a massively prolific player.

Yeah cant see it myself, Their forum calls him injury prone and not capable of full time football. They also state he has a new agent, so maybe he is spreading some rumours" to generate a bit of interest.

I'm sure Askey has very good knowledge and contacts from his time in the National League and he might be able to get one in via that route.

Ideally though we need proven quality at this level. A player or two who can make the first team squad.

As I went through the released players, the forwards being released were of low quality, with only Nouble standing out as a player who would probably walk into our starting 11.

Anyone got any other names from League 1? Obviously the likes of Palmer and Ironside are now gone. I do worry a little bit that the options are dwindling, especially in the wake of Askey saying we were being priced out and we were being patient to see if wage demands would drop as the season draws closer.

Unfortunately I don't think the calibre of striker we're after is going to be sat around in the back end of August getting desperate. 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

As I went through the released players, the forwards being released were of low quality, with only Nouble standing out as a player who would probably walk into our starting 11.

Anyone got any other names from League 1? Obviously the likes of Palmer and Ironside are now gone. I do worry a little bit that the options are dwindling, especially in the wake of Askey saying we were being priced out and we were being patient to see if wage demands would drop as the season draws closer.

Unfortunately I don't think the calibre of striker we're after is going to be sat around in the back end of August getting desperate. 

Agree with this,  seems that now more than ever a good striker is in high demand.

I was wondering whether the search may expand to in contract players who are not getting a game and therefore clubs would be happy for them to leave if we took on their contract (or a large part of it). The classic example is Guthrie at Bradford who just isn't getting game time there.

If he is on £2,000 a week there and we offered to take his contract on for £1,500 a week that's £78k Bradford could put towards a player they actually want. They may be willing to pay the £26k off on his contract, or negotiate a lump sum around £15k to get rid.

Another good example is Salford. Their forward stocks now include:

Tom Elliot, James Wilson, Ian Henderson, Bruno Andrade, Brandon Thomas Asante, Mani Dieswruvwe, Luke Armstrong and the latest runour is they are going after David Nugent! 

12 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Agree with this,  seems that now more than ever a good striker is in high demand.

I was wondering whether the search may expand to in contract players who are not getting a game and therefore clubs would be happy for them to leave if we took on their contract (or a large part of it). The classic example is Guthrie at Bradford who just isn't getting game time there.

If he is on £2,000 a week there and we offered to take his contract on for £1,500 a week that's £78k Bradford could put towards a player they actually want. They may be willing to pay the £26k off on his contract, or negotiate a lump sum around £15k to get rid.

Another good example is Salford. Their forward stocks now include:

Tom Elliot, James Wilson, Ian Henderson, Bruno Andrade, Brandon Thomas Asante, Mani Dieswruvwe, Luke Armstrong and the latest runour is they are going after David Nugent! 

Imagine Dieseruvwe will be shipped out, he's not getting many minutes behind Elliot, Wilson, Henderson, and Asante. 

Would fit the profile of the forward we're after but hardly has the 'track record' we're hoping for.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yeah cant see it myself, Their forum calls him injury prone and not capable of full time football. They also state he has a new agent, so maybe he is spreading some rumours" to generate a bit of interest.

You only have to look on here to see some of the opinions on our best players to realise that a fans forum has some crazy views sometimes. More often than not fans on forums are too negative. 

There were 2 keepers in today, not sure who the other one was 

55 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Looks to be pretty comfortable as a number two, experience at league 2 clubs, I'd be happy with him if he was to come in

Not sure he’s played any games in the league though has he?

Seems a strange one to me as JA is quoted as saying we’re after someone to push Brownie.

You’d have to guess that the other Keeper is the one we’re actually more interested in and he’s just covering his options by having a look at Visser.

Archived