onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

11 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

And following that theme.....which Vale players have played football in the football season and cricket in the summer?  One for the oldies I'm guessing, since it doesn't happen any more....

Chris Banks was the last one I remember.

10 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

And following that theme.....which Vale players have played football in the football season and cricket in the summer?  One for the oldies I'm guessing, since it doesn't happen any more....

That's a good question. If you give up and are happy for spoilers, I did an article on this subject a while back which is here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2014/03/port-vales-multi-sport-stars/

1 hour ago, robf said:

Doesn't look like the Welsh non-league duo will be joining - 

Strangest June ever. No sightings of players, rumours or preseason friendlies to look forward to. 

23 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Ian Buxton, midfielder who played cricket for Derbyshire. Scored on his debut for us in December 1969. Remember him as an elegant player. Those were the days.

14 hours ago, JRC said:

Strangest June ever. No sightings of players, rumours or preseason friendlies to look forward to. 

It is also usually say anything from 14th to 25th June when the fixtures are released and we are all looking forward and making plans ( such as a weekend in Plymouth last game of the season 😂

3 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Joel Grant from Plymouth...

Sting told me this is a done deal. Sting i assume is watching. God speed.

Good scoring record (1 in 6ish), plays winger or wide forward in a three. Used to play for crewe.

He is a bit old at 32, can’t see it myself.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Good scoring record (1 in 6ish), plays winger or wide forward in a three. Used to play for crewe.

He is a bit old at 32, can’t see it myself.

I could see him as the 4th striker. Does he still own a house locally from his time at Crewe? 

Being able to play all 3 positions in the front 3 would have quite a lot of value in our squad. 

I could see him as the 4th striker. Does he still own a house locally from his time at Crewe? 
Being able to play all 3 positions in the front 3 would have quite a lot of value in our squad. 

Be good move for him, his wife is from Sneyd green

On 07/06/2020 at 15:24, Shropshire_Valiant said:

We must have some scouting network in the Welsh leagues as we took Rawlinson(although he turned out relatively average) and if we're now linked with these other 2.

Unfortunately I think that’s the wrong place to look. The Welsh league has fallen a long way in recent years. 

Archived