onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread Rewind: Huddersfield v Port Vale 1998

robf

Advert

10 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I liked Jansson too.

And yet another vital goal from Martin Foyle who must have scored in almost all these Monday night games!

Ha! I'll have to count it up but yeah he's probably well into double figures on these games...

On 13/07/2020 at 11:11, TJHValiant said:

The full 90 mins? How did anyone manage to get their hands on that!? It was never broadcast to my knowledge? 

Hi. This was my tape, but I'm not sure where it came from.  When Rob said he was running short of games, I had a look in my cupboard.  Found this, it seemed to be a home recording,  ie not an official club video. I'm pretty sure it was my late father's writing on the side. But I don't remember either of us buying an official huddersfield video? 

I can only think that someone recorded it for us somehow? Or lent it to us and we never returned it,lol. Anyways,  glad it bought enjoyment to the vale family. 

9 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Hi. This was my tape, but I'm not sure where it came from.  When Rob said he was running short of games, I had a look in my cupboard.  Found this, it seemed to be a home recording,  ie not an official club video. I'm pretty sure it was my late father's writing on the side. But I don't remember either of us buying an official huddersfield video? 

I can only think that someone recorded it for us somehow? Or lent it to us and we never returned it,lol. Anyways,  glad it bought enjoyment to the vale family. 

Hi @Loggerheads Sage

I edited it to remove the opening sequence but that seems to suggest it was a Huddersfield Town tape. I think it's the same deal as that promotion match at Brighton (where I actually have three copies of the Brighton VHS) that presumably Vale fans contacted the opposition club and bought the club video. I think it's the same thing with your video which is probably a copy of that official video bought by a Vale fan. Either way, it was fantastic and I'm really happy you found it and sent it on. One of my personal faves from the games we've shown. If anyone missed it, it is still available to watch in full through the link earlier on in this thread.

Only just getting chance to watch it so thanks Rob for enabling a late arrival enjoy the full 90 minutes.
What a great start dominated straight from kick off. Rely well worked goal.
It was only with about 5 minutes to go I actually believed we were staying up.

Only just watched this game today. 

I thought Huddersfield gave it a go despite the early opener, but once the second went in they looked a beaten side. I’d forgotten their disallowed goal just before our third. They did give up then. 

Ainsworth and Bogie stood out for me, but Jansen’s two strikes showed what great technique he had. I always thought he was under valued here and one people forget. They shouldn’t. But didn’t he like a cold one ? 

Archived