onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

social distancing at vale park

geoff1

Advert

i don't see a problem is us allowing 3-4000 home fans into the ground - seated around 4 sides. I would not mind where I sat. You would have to be careful and try and avoid the crowds there and back but I'm more than happy to drive there alone, walk to the ground, find an empty seat, pop to the loo if needs be and then go straight back to my car and come home. That's safer than a supermarket or bus. I'm sure it can be done.

Possibly , only possible that would be offset by the need to have barely any Police as no away fans ? 
Be interesting to see how to stop away fans from travelling if they are banned. Could still turn up in vans, cars, or even come on trains. Wait till we play a club such as bolton at home. Cannot stop every fan when buying a ticket their home address.

57 minutes ago, kendo1876 said:
On 22/07/2020 at 09:05, darren1810 said:
Possibly , only possible that would be offset by the need to have barely any Police as no away fans ? 

Be interesting to see how to stop away fans from travelling if they are banned. Could still turn up in vans, cars, or even come on trains. Wait till we play a club such as bolton at home. Cannot stop every fan when buying a ticket their home address.

For problem games do not sell tickets on match days. 

6 hours ago, kendo1876 said:
On 22/07/2020 at 09:05, darren1810 said:

Given the proposed low numbers of fans being allowed into the ground, and assuming some form of social distancing is in place, with numbered seat tickets being issued with this in mind, then the chances of large numbers of away fans being able to congregate together is very slim.

We could always temporarily go back to a membership scheme etc. for those fans who do not have a season ticket.

15 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

The above comment assumes decent numbers of home fans attend game.

Can't speak for anyone bar me and my lad. I've certainly got the appetite for it. Can't come quickly enough for us. 

For sure it's going to be different and testing, people have got to be patient. 

Had my first pint last Saturday and found the whole experience a faff so I don't think people will be visiting pubs in their droves prior to games. 

The threat from the virus is ongoing, we have seen the goings on at various protests, counter protests, beaches, football celebrations etc. 

Of course I don't expect us to have 2200 at Macc , crammed in and singing. 

But society as a whole has to try and find this ' new normal ' . My loves are Vale and going to gigs, whether it is The Sugarmill or a big one at Old Trafford. 

We have to take the tentative steps , I really hope I'm back at Vale come October. If I have to wear a mask and wash my hands upon entry so be it.

We've virtually got our own row as it is in The Bycars so nothing will change there !! 

2000 season ticket sales suggests there is the appetite for it. Bring it on. Safely. 

On 21/07/2020 at 20:21, Conrad said:

If we can’t have supporters in grounds untill October, I can’t see why we don’t delay the start of the season until October.

for one, it would save having to offer refunds again to those with season tickets, and a lot of L1 and 2 clubs can’t afford to stage games with no paying supporters.seems the obvious answer to me unless I’m missing something.

thats too simple for the efl!

4 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

yes!!

Why would it cost us? We’d still have the same amount of supporters?

If we spread the fans around the ground, we’d do the same with the stewards?

Nothing changes apart from where the fans and stewards are situated, not the quantity.

15 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Nothing changes apart from where the fans and stewards are situated, not the quantity.

15 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

why is only one stand open on some cup matches? to cut the costs!

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Can't speak for anyone bar me and my lad. I've certainly got the appetite for it. Can't come quickly enough for us. 

For sure it's going to be different and testing, people have got to be patient. 

Had my first pint last Saturday and found the whole experience a faff so I don't think people will be visiting pubs in their droves prior to games. 

The threat from the virus is ongoing, we have seen the goings on at various protests, counter protests, beaches, football celebrations etc. 

Of course I don't expect us to have 2200 at Macc , crammed in and singing. 

But society as a whole has to try and find this ' new normal ' . My loves are Vale and going to gigs, whether it is The Sugarmill or a big one at Old Trafford. 

We have to take the tentative steps , I really hope I'm back at Vale come October. If I have to wear a mask and wash my hands upon entry so be it.

We've virtually got our own row as it is in The Bycars so nothing will change there !! 

2000 season ticket sales suggests there is the appetite for it. Bring it on. Safely. 

I think most feel the same way as yourself, as do I, however, there’ll be a fair few, who perhaps don’t.  We all find ourselves in a situation which is about your own risk management and confidence. Some people do not currently have the confidence that the risks involved in taking  part in certain activities are worth it.

Hopefully, this will change to the point where all Vale fans, even those who currently have any misgivings, can make the pilgrimage to the first game which is open to the public.

8 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

why is only one stand open on some cup matches? to cut the costs!

But that’s because the expected attendances don’t warrant opening all the stands.  The current situation is different.  We’re talking about a regular match day when all stands would be open.

The only thing costing more would be providing staff with additional training and PPE.

Archived