onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Women commentators on the TV

Mario

Advert

On 02/08/2020 at 10:35, Nofinikea said:

Not strong enough to find touch?  I bet all of those players could out kick, run and lift you!

I watched alot of the womens World Cup last time around and I was very impressed with the standard.  I was also impressed with the lack of cynical tactics in the most part and a desire to play the game.  The other thing that struck me was that teams were doing there best to attack and score goals which made for some very open and entertaining matches.  It is not like the mens game and should not be compared. 

Think about Tennis, the mens game used to be about power and brute force, serve and volley and it became stale.  The women on the other hand played from the baseline, moving each other about to create a point winning opening, making almost every point competitive.  They were two different styles and in my mind two very different games.

The womens game has got a deserved level of coverage, as its growing at an exponential rate.  Lots of women now attend mens football matches.  Womens football learns from watching mens football, bring in male coaches and its improving all the time because they are only interested in playing the game as well as they can.  However, the blokes are too misogynistic to appreciate that there are many things they could learn from the womens game...  I think some of the myopic views on this thread show us why womens football at grass roots level is getting bigger and bigger whilst the mens equivalent is slowly dieing.

Women's tennis is truly dreadful. Scream after scream. The best player is seriously top heavy. And Maria used to break windows with the screeching. The men's game thrives as ever at grass roots level. Newton play just behind me in a local league and as many players as ever in a neat little ground. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Women's tennis is truly dreadful. Scream after scream. The best player is seriously top heavy. And Maria used to break windows with the screeching. The men's game thrives as ever at grass roots level. Newton play just behind me in a local league and as many players as ever in a neat little ground. 

I’ve been to Wimbledon a few times and actually saw the Women’s final in 2012 when Serena Williams won in three sets. She was immense and as fit as a fiddle. She also has considerably more muscles than you!

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve been to Wimbledon a few times and actually saw the Women’s final in 2012 when Serena Williams won in three sets. She was immense and as fit as a fiddle. She also has considerably more muscles than you!

She is indeed immense.  Not only has she got more muscle than me, she's got more muscle than Leon Legge. 😉

1 hour ago, Warren said:

It's a little known fact that these screams are what are played back, albeit at a higher speed, to disperse teenagers from gathering in shopping centres.

Archived