onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Women commentators on the TV

Mario

Advert

3 hours ago, Wrex said:

I have no interest in women's football. I have little interest in Scottish football or French football or African football.

But if a woman is commentating on a man's game that's not relevant to me, because the game itself is men's football with English teams or a big international tournament or whatever. I have no objection to a woman commentator, just the same as I wouldn't say "why is Thierry Henry giving his opinions on Spurs v Man City, he's French?" Gender isn't relevant.

Woman's Football Matters !  🙂 🙂

9 hours ago, Warren said:

Yes I have been to a women's football game. That is why I have formed my opinions. England v Italy, so I was watching about as good as it gets. The main thing I want is not to see or pay for women's sport. And what I don't like is particularly boxing where a women's fight will be on the men's programme. That is interrupting my coverage as far as I'm concerned. However, the point you make about the FA banning women's football in the 1920's is very valid. That is outrageous and obviously did a lot of harm to the development of the game. Tongue in cheek I would point out the men's game suffered some adversity in WW1. 

Was that the one at Vale Park where england goals was scored from outside the box and Italy’s from just inside??

I have no problem with women’s sport of any description. Let me make that quite clear.

However, the standard of women’s football is not of the quality to justify all the media attention and especially TV coverage that it is afforded.

In reality the BBC only started covering it because they had so little sport to show with all the sporting rights being lost to satellite companies such as Sky and BT.

So of course I wholly endorse female sporting participation, but certainly in football terms the quality on show does not justify the media hype which surrounds it.

England v Italy game at Port Vale.

Been to busy the last few weeks to get back and post something properly about this. So, the highlights did look slightly better than I remember. Nonetheless pathetic goalkeeping and hopeless misses are the main highlights. That is not to say some men's games don't have the same. But the full game was drone like. Ball stayed in play a lot because the women are not strong enough to find touch with clearances consistently. And yes shooting from outside the box is an issue and there was a clear preference to try to get closer to shoot. I am entitled to my opinion and I thought this was pretty hopeless and as we go down from international level it is likely to deteriorate markedly. I won't watch it again and certainly won't pay to go to another game. 

Men on football message boards.  I just don't like them.  So many of them shout a lot rather than debate and a lot of them are not open to persuasion despite being presented with evidence.  For many of them their spelling and punctuation is awful and their general use of language is poor. 

Mind you, I only use one forum.

i remember watching Garry Neville first time out. He was diabolical. But good now. All the female commentators I've seen are much better than him first time out. They all say something sensible. But none have graduated to a lead role; that's where they get to do the deep analysis and grab the tech off Jamie Carragher etc. Something to aim for?

Women pundits are fine.

Not a great fan of the combining of the men's and women's games when it comes to stats , basically as they are two separate entities.

Earlier for example on Sky Sports 

We now have somebody who played for both Arsenal and Chelsea to analyse the Cup Final. 

I'm thinking hmmm Cech, Fabregas, Gallas maybe ?

On comes Leanne Sanderson. 

Archived