onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nathan Smith.!!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

I think on the football side I’m fairly neutral if I’m honest. Smith is a very good player don’t get me wrong, better suited to L1 than L2 if you ask me. Look at Brisley’s performances and our results when he came in* (I’m ignoring Swindon because I convinced if we became the new Man City and them bottom of the EFL we’d still lose there). And also, you wonder what the financial cost is and whether that money could have been spent on that striker who really would make a difference...?

HOWEVER..... the message this sends out is immense, both to players and (spit, spit) agents. Port Vale is no longer the two-bob, do everything on the cheap, tin-pot organisation Bratt and Smurthwaite turned us into.

We are becoming a club players WANT to come to rather than being the booby prize. If you want a stable, well-run club who negotiate contracts properly go to Port Vale. If you want to be coached into a better footballer, go to Port Vale. If you want to contribute to and inspire the local community, go to Port Vale. If you want to work towards life after playing, go to Port Vale.

But well done Nathan for believing in us and of course the owners. The way this is playing out, I have a hunch that he’ll knuckle down and get us to the top of the League, we’ll have another big FA Cup away day where we cause a major upset, and he then gets his Championship move in January on the back of this netting us a big fat transfer fee in the process!! You heard it here first.....

Football at lower levels is a horrible place for players. Port Vale is now run by sensible people and its in a good phase potentially. I think he has made a good decision and he is a player that has striven to improve. Very visible last season. So extremely pleasing signing. Can he beat Roy S and get a statue!

Football at lower levels is a horrible place for players. Port Vale is now run by sensible people and its in a good phase potentially. I think he has made a good decision and he is a player that has striven to improve. Very visible last season. So extremely pleasing signing. Can he beat Roy S and get a statue!
It's an interesting one. He'd have to be lucky with injuries and longevity, he'd likely need to be playing for us untill he is at least 37 to beat Sproson. Hope he gives it a good go!

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think on the football side I’m fairly neutral if I’m honest. Smith is a very good player don’t get me wrong, better suited to L1 than L2 if you ask me. Look at Brisley’s performances and our results when he came in* (I’m ignoring Swindon because I convinced if we became the new Man City and them bottom of the EFL we’d still lose there). And also, you wonder what the financial cost is and whether that money could have been spent on that striker who really would make a difference...?

HOWEVER..... the message this sends out is immense, both to players and (spit, spit) agents. Port Vale is no longer the two-bob, do everything on the cheap, tin-pot organisation Bratt and Smurthwaite turned us into.

We are becoming a club players WANT to come to rather than being the booby prize. If you want a stable, well-run club who negotiate contracts properly go to Port Vale. If you want to be coached into a better footballer, go to Port Vale. If you want to contribute to and inspire the local community, go to Port Vale. If you want to work towards life after playing, go to Port Vale.

But well done Nathan for believing in us and of course the owners. The way this is playing out, I have a hunch that he’ll knuckle down and get us to the top of the League, we’ll have another big FA Cup away day where we cause a major upset, and he then gets his Championship move in January on the back of this netting us a big fat transfer fee in the process!! You heard it here first.....

Good points made.

You only have to watch the videos with Worrall , Montano, Joyce plus many more. 

Our club is now an attractive proposition rather than a leper. 

The gesture for example when Taylor had his car nicked, brilliant by Vale , word gets around. 

Smith was /is  an integral part of the team and notched quite a few goals too. We all know he is not Maldini but what he is is a wholehearted defender who has done very well in such a short time. He had dips in form and has come back better and stronger, credit to him and credit to JA who has completely galvanised the playing side. 

I'm excited for the season ( as long as we are able to attend). Not presumptuous or assuming anything but surely we start in a very very good place. 

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great post. 

Our previous chairman once said, whilst drunk on Twitter, that 'football is a village'.

One of the few correct things he ever said. Word gets round. Agents talk. Players talk.

"My mate X was well looked after at Vale, good manager and sound owners".

We've been the outcast of football for my 20 years as a fan. Finally it feels like people want to sign for the Vale, and we're not the last resort.

Glad he's signed for us and has bought into getting Vale promoted and what our owners are trying to achieve.  

But as all people know players come and go, so can be replaced.  Hoped a higher up club would not offer the ambition our owners have for the club and he would leave.

Things are looking good at Vale.  A few key additions and promotions look possible.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
2 hours ago, Warren said:

It's an interesting one. He'd have to be lucky with injuries and longevity, he'd likely need to be playing for us untill he is at least 37 to beat Sproson. Hope he gives it a good go!

But if we get into Europe and play 60 games a season he'll do it sooner than that??

Well done to all at Vale Park in the past few months for the incredible work that has been done. How good has it been to see the work being put in to help the local community and on the pitch, the successful contract negotiations securing the services of so many important players before the start of the forthcoming season. Wasn’t it just brilliant to hear the news of Nathan putting pen to paper yesterday. We now have a club run by highly professional owners that have their feet firmly on the ground, knowing exactly what a football club needs to be doing to ensure that they are a valuable part of the community. The Shanahans are a credit to Port Vale, our city and to the football world in general. We also have a team manager and coaching set up that our players obviously have a high respect for. All in all I am proud to be a Valeite and I along with, hopefully an increased match day following, look forward to a successful season ahead.

Brilliant.

With what is happening around the World it's so refreshing to see our great Club continue to ooze good vibes. Now is the time for all those "floater" fans to acknowledge what our Owners are doing and join us in the resurgence of the Vale. Come on you part time Stoke fans can't you realise that your Club is waning and it's now time to grace Vale Park with your presence to join in the vision of an upcoming, progressive venture?

Let's show Carol and her Team that the Potteries people , as a whole, are now ready to back them and ensure a future of great times. 

22 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

But if we get into Europe and play 60 games a season he'll do it sooner than that??

Sorry to burst this bubble but people who saw Roy Sproson play cannot even compere Smith with him it would be like compering Bobby Moore with Exodus Geoghan. Remember last season when Brisley kept him out of his position he is not as special as some people think he is to the vale so please do not go overboard about  Smithy.

1 hour ago, hamilboy said:

Sorry to burst this bubble but people who saw Roy Sproson play cannot even compere Smith with him it would be like compering Bobby Moore with Exodus Geoghan. Remember last season when Brisley kept him out of his position he is not as special as some people think he is to the vale so please do not go overboard about  Smithy.

With respect mate, that’s a ludicrous comparison. 

Archived