onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nathan Smith.!!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

no, spend the money on a creative, ball holding midfielder and a pacey dual fullback, oh ok then bring him in as well and a goal scorer then play a reserve side for increased competition. failing that lot let the gaffer do as he wants! he seems to be doing a good job to me.😀

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Ah the life of fickle football fans Is a predicate lot ...... last week he was replaceable, league one standard at best and was trying to put one over on the club. Today that’s all forgotten and we’re all happy again 😀

Great news. It’s also a good sign that we’ve managed to keep and re-sign all those players that were consistent for us last season. 

Its possible for him to be a replaceable, League 1 standard defender, whilst also being pleased that a 24 year old League 1 standard defender has committed two years to us.

I honestly don’t think I’ve been this pleased to see a player re-sign in years! 

What Nathan brings to the team is invaluable and I’m so pleased we will have him for at least another two years. Who knows where we will he in two years... 

To re-sign all of the out of contract players is a big statement. We are three or four more additions off having a really competitive squad.

7 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

UNBELIEVABLY good news.....brilliant Smiffy! Another bottle of red wifey....!

More so Bon'Ami in light of RobF's comment in his other topic..."It means that every player offered a new contract this summer has agreed a deal."

Is this a first - I wonder?

A reminder of my post on Thursday - Goodbye Smithy 

Surely any footballer must have the ambition to play in as high a league as they possibly can. Smithy has stated that it is a difficult decision, Vale have looked after him since his teens and he has given Vale 110% commitment. He has not rejected the offer because he would gladly stay if that career move did not materialise during the difficult months ahead. All clubs will be carefully looking at their finances at the moment as I am sure there is another Wigan / Bury waiting to happen. If he can achieve a Championship move then no Vale fan can decry him of that chance. Best wishes Smithy, wherever you may be next season.

Glad to see he proved some people wrong, as he has said he has unfinished business - 200 appearances and a promotion. If he does maintain his progress over the next two years and a big move beckons, Vale will benefit financially. 

Archived