Sign in to follow this  
robf

Yet more positive press for Port Vale

All this positive press can only benefit Port Vale, some where, maybe in the months or years to come there will be lots of people who will have soft spots for the vale, maybe some of the recipients of the 100,000 free meals will become vale fans if and when their personal situations improve for the better.

• Like 4

Where is the funding coming from for the 100,000 free meals? It can't all be donated goods I wouldn't have thought so are HUBB covering the balance? If Carols not careful she's going to find herself with an OBE soon. 

• Like 1

It's really amazing to think how the image of this club has changed.  We were a laughing stock, players wouldnt touch us after how Smurthwaite treated Page and the whole thing just made you want to distance yourself.

Now we have a club I can genuinely say I am proud of and once again am happy to refer to the club as "us" rather than "them".  National recognition for many acts of community benevolence, national recognition  for voting to save clubs rather than grab at our own potential promotion, players wanting to stay, players wanting to come...  I could go on and on...

But do you know the one thing that really showed how great Carol and Kevin are for this club and its supporters?  When they stood and clapped every single coach leaving for Man City!  They love this club and its supporters and we love them.  We have the best owners in football, by a mile!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On top of that, we have a manager who quietly goes about his business without any fuss who the players clearly enjoy playing for and we are building a squad capable of a serious promotion push...

Everybody who works at our club must love going to work every day!

I can only see good times ahead...

• Like 5

Carol and her fella are the best thing to happen to the club in a long, long time. They may not be able to throw millions at the club in regards to player transfers but quite clearly they have made the club into one of the more attractive opposition for any lower league players that aren't all about how much wage they got, and also a club everyone can be proud to support. It wasn't so long ago when we were run by Smurf and one of the biggest jokes and sad excuse for a club in English football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1