New striker signing - Devante Rodney

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Who is the person who opened the door for him ? 

I'm assuming, I'm probably wrong , that he's paid from now as can't be furloughed ?

If so then yet again hats off to our hierarchy for backing JA . 

On the Ale podcast, Carol said they decided that with strikers it was best to sign them up as soon as possible so they don't go elsewhere.

• Thanks 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard a few tit-bits about this signing today. The management at Salford didn't want to lose him but were told he had to be let go to finance the signing of Andrade, Elliott and Wilson in January. All

The vast majority of the time, I tend to read social media following on from the arrival of a mew signing,  and I’m absolutely baffled at the negativity that gets thrown around given the fact 99% of V

Also we have a manager in Askey, that against the odds got us pushing for promotion.  Had it not been for the virus and the benevolence of our superb owners, we may well have been putting a league one

Posted Images

Looks to have lots of pace and ability. Hopefully he can thrive here and take his opportunity.

He's a Manchester lad I think so close to home and an opportunity to play in the FL.

Good luck to him.

Happy with that. Pace is something that defenders hate facing and it fits in with Askey's pressing game.

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That's Carol's son Patrick.

ah, literally who opened the door. I thought he was asking who had scouted him or who his agent was!

• Haha 3

Really pleased with this signing.

I think he will suit our system and improve us.

Edited by valeparklife
  • Like 2

The surprise for me is he is 6 foot 2. Looks smaller on the video clips. Askey has watched him a few times so it's not a random punt and he must be very confident to give a 3 year contract. Leave aside Salford and just looking at what he did at Stockport and Halifax over the last 18 months and you'd ordinarily be talking a big fee for a lad who is only turned 22 in May. Let's hope he achieves his potential.

5 minutes ago, JRC said:

The surprise for me is he is 6 foot 2. Looks smaller on the video clips. Askey has watched him a few times so it's not a random punt and he must be very confident to give a 3 year contract. Leave aside Salford and just looking at what he did at Stockport and Halifax over the last 18 months and you'd ordinarily be talking a big fee for a lad who is only turned 22 in May. Let's hope he achieves his potential.

Where you getting 6" 2 from? wiki says 5"10

Welcome to the club Devante!

4 minutes ago, JRC said:

Where have you seen that? He's around 5"10 or 5"11 but is quite stocky and well built, whilst having good pace!

14 minutes ago, JRC said:

That's what I thought too but wiki says he is 5'10", so the official Vale website has made a mistake:

"His impressive start to his career with the Pools earnt the 6’2” Rodney a move to Salford City in June 2018"

Edited by CambridgeDon

Just changing the post title as "tomorrow never comes" from:

New Striker Signing tomorrow

- to - 

New striker signing - Devante Rodney

22, with a good pedigree.
Seems to cut the mustard at level 5.
With patience and the right guidance, he could develop into a decent player.
Better to be at Vale, where we're developing steadily, than at 'we can't hang about' Salford.

Edited by Bryan Thornton

To the tune of only fools and horses......

He can play on either wing and scoring is his thing. He’s gonna score another goal right now......... Devante Rodney. Nah nah nah nah nah, Devante Rodney nah nah nah nah nah. Devante Rodney........