onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker signing - Devante Rodney

Doha

5 minutes ago, Wrex said:

To be fair he could well be six two judging from that, though of course we have no idea how tall his friends are!

Let's hope we're able to have him stood next to Nathan Smith next season for a comparison.

The guy 2nd from the left is 6ft 6" - Rodney is 7ft 4!

(.....or the guy 2nd from left could be 5ft & a fag end?!)

Advert

May sound silly, but Askey talking of having watched Rodney a few times this season, and the fact his agent is Gareth Seddon (in that its not Phil Sproson/that company that represents Askey, can't remember their name/anyone linked to Vale) suggests we'll see some proper recruitment this summer, and not the more 'haphazard' approach of last season (which was unavoidable) of players Askey new/favours from agents.

The great height mystery. Hopefully it will be resolved on 29th August.

Who is the 4th forward? Only ones available who I could see playing the role:

Jamille Matt ... got 20 a couple of seasons ago and relatively local. Very strong in the air, pretty mobile but not what you'd define as a refined footballer

Ollie Palmer ... similar type of player to Bennett but a bit better

Joe Ironside ... reminds me a little of Foyle, leads the line well, mobile and a decent enough first season of league football. Not the biggest but wins his fair share of headers.

Not really seen much else released or out of contract. The likes of Nouble aren't really players who lead the line, more second strikers or inside forwards.

11 minutes ago, JRC said:

Jamille Matt ... got 20 a couple of seasons ago and relatively local. Very strong in the air, pretty mobile but not what you'd define as a refined footballer

Joe Ironside ... reminds me a little of Foyle, leads the line well, mobile and a decent enough first season of league football. Not the biggest but wins his fair share of headers.

Not really seen much else released or out of contract. The likes of Nouble aren't really players who lead the line, more second strikers or inside forwards.

Matt, Pope, Cullen, and Rodney would do me nicely.

Easy to forget we already have 2 good forwards on the bench already, both of whom 90% of League 2 clubs would have in their starting 11.

19 minutes ago, JRC said:

Would love Matt or Palmer!

You have a good player in Rodders, but needs to be played through the middle like he was at the shay , he didn’t pull any trees when at Stockport when played out wide , I don’t think  he’ll have a problem adapting to a league higher, he’s strong pacy & know where the goal is , its simple really just play to his strengths ,good luck Devante.

43 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I don't think I've ever seen Vale give out a three year deal, Askey must see something!

Welcome Devonte

I don’t know if the rules apply to players we buy in but that 3 year deal takes him past 24. Also maybe it is in the hope he comes good over the next couple of seasons and could command a fee?

Archived