Sign in to follow this  
News Feed

OVF feature: You’re playing tomorrow morning – Andy Hill on a hectic start to his Port Vale career

You’re playing tomorrow morning – Andy Hill on a hectic start to his Port Vale career

We managed to catch up with fans favourite Andy Hill to chat about his time at Port Vale. He chats about how he signed for Vale, the impact of John Rudge and recalls some of his favourite matches.

Interview by Rob Fielding

I caught up with former Port Vale defender Andy Hill after he posted on the OVF forum recently. Hill was replying to fans remembering his performances and by their responses it was clear to see that the 55 year-old is still held in high regard by Valiant supporters.

Continue reading You’re playing tomorrow morning – Andy Hill on a hectic start to his Port Vale career at onevalefan.co.uk.

• Thanks 1

I hope you enjoy the interview. Yet another former John Rudge signing who's a really nice bloke.

Thanks to @Fosse69 for his help on this one. 

• Like 1

Many comments on here about Andy being one of the finest, if not the finest right backs at Vale. When there was the compilation best X1 he was in my team.

Mr dependable and for the transfer fee paid has to be amongst the best acquisitions by Rudgie ( there is a long list to compete with ) . 

Didn't realise about his illness nor the fact he posted on here occasionally. 

Best wishes Andy and all the nice comments from people are deserved for a really good player who is still thought of fondly from that brilliant era. 

• Like 1

Excellent interview ! As I have said many times before on these pages, Andy sometimes goes under the radar when Vale greats are mentioned.

But he was like Aspin in that he ALWAYS played to a consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 game. That’s what separates the good from the ordinary - that ability to perform well on a consistent basis.

Best wishes for the future Andy and a personal thank you for all your fine performances for the Vale. 

• Like 2

I endorse all the above comments.

Fans warm to players like Andy Hill who was whole-hearted, committed and always gave his all for the shirt. A solid and underrated player.

A nice interview and great memories.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant and those days will return as we are guided by our beloved owners Kevin & Carol. They continue to get recognition from every quarter about on the pitch and off the pitch matters, Let’s continue with our progress, to coin the phrase from the film.

’Build it and they will come’

• Like 1