Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2020

I still don't get the point of Salford City.

Rich owners with a goal of playing in the Championship.

But Championship football in front of 3,000 fans just isn't sustainable. Just to compete in that league they'd need about a £30m a season wage budget.

Pointless. Wish they'd just clear off back to non-league.

17 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

But Championship football in front of 3,000 fans just isn't sustainable. Just to compete in that league they'd need about a £30m a season wage budget.

I was wondering about this. If they were to get to the championship for example what happens if the owners get bored and want out? Nobody is realistically going to want to buy them because they can't sustain it themselves. Would they have to purposely get the club relegated until it's at a level they can compete at, which could take about 4 or 5 years?

Feel for their hard core 100 fans. The rich kids are not getting their way just now, bless. They’d be better with Johnno and his mate back. Wonder if they’ll go big, Wilder anyone?

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Unfortunately I think that £30m a season is very doable for them... the money behind the venture comes from 40% shareholder Peter Lim, the guy who owns Valencia and is in bed with the class of 92. He also part owns Hotel football with them.

He's worth around $2bn and isnt shy around giving large chunks away.

Its definitely an ego project and if he became bored it all comes crumbling down.

Said all along that these football misfit owners should have backed a proper club like Bury or even Stockport and done some proper good instead of launching themselves into this fantasy ego trip that is just screwing around with everybody. Would love them to replaced by Wrexham.

• Like 1