onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

LEAGUE 2 PLAY OFFS

darren1810

Thought i'd see other Valeites views.

I can't help but having some resentment towards Northampton. Was absolutely gutted that they had that remarkable win last night. 

I read some comments when the season was ended from Curle and that long throw bloke and they were spouting on about deserving it after the season they had. Came across as they had some sort of entitlement and not very gracious.

Given their horrendous run in including 2 of the top 3 away, Cambridge and FGR away plus Colchester and Bradford at home i think we would definitely have been above them.

It might come across as a bit of a mard arse and i had accepted it had gone , but i've got to be honest it hit home last night and will leave a sour taste if they go up.

Anyone else a little peeved or is it just me throwing my toys out of the pram ?

Come on EXETER !!!

Advert

The Northampton away win was one of the most satisfying of the season and in many ways the best. That Worrall header near the post was the icing on the cake to a really entertaining game. 

It was a very close game but we were better and undoubtedly would have made the playoffs. 

I think it bodes well for next season. Northampton were good last night but we made them look very ordinary to our credit. 

I don’t really care who goes up. However, what sticks in my craw Is  the fact that the play offs are even taking place at all. Having the season curtailed as it was, the EFL should have put their foot down with a firm hand and simply promoted the top 4.

Are the finals still at Wembley ? The thought of playing these matches at a deserted national stadium is beyond belief. 

10 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

I don’t really care who goes up. However, what sticks in my craw Is  the fact that the play offs are even taking place at all. Having the season curtailed as it was, the EFL should have put their foot down with a firm hand and simply promoted the top 4.

Are the finals still at Wembley ? The thought of playing these matches at a deserted national stadium is beyond belief. 

The finals are at Wembley,  surely small numbers could be let in as a trial?

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I can't help but having some resentment towards Northampton. Was absolutely gutted that they had that remarkable win last night. 

I read some comments when the season was ended from Curle and that long throw bloke and they were spouting on about deserving it after the season they had. Came across as they had some sort of entitlement and not very gracious.

Given their horrendous run in including 2 of the top 3 away, Cambridge and FGR away plus Colchester and Bradford at home i think we would definitely have been above them.

It might come across as a bit of a mard arse and i had accepted it had gone , but i've got to be honest it hit home last night and will leave a sour taste if they go up.

Come on EXETER !!!

I'm with you on this. No real effort to play anything but muscular football. Hopefully Wembley will suit Exeter more. I'd have just promoted the top 4.

Thought Cheltenham or Exeter deserved it more than Colchester with the season they've had and Exeter have been up there for a few seasons and although I think I'd prefer Exeter to go up I will miss the away game which is only 50 minutes from me.

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Come on EXETER !!!

Move on , we have known our fate for 6 weeks, in my opinion Northampton were outstanding last night 🙂

Weird that Morton was so poor against us but has been superb since.

With Goode and Turnbull at the back, Cobblers always have a chance. The likes of Marshall and Lines on the bench is testament to their budget and depth.

Sincerely hope Exeter go up; well-run club, owned by the fans who use their academy well. Would also be less galling if the top 4 get promoted, as opposed to a team no better than us who timed being in 7th bang in line with a pandemic.

Reassuring is that these teams in the top 7 have nothing that we don't have. Top 3 aside, by the end of the season I think we were amongst the best teams in the league. We've since culled deadwood, re-signed everybody we want to bar a good, though replaceable, centre half, and seem well set up to make a few well-chosen acquisitions as opposed to the overhaul most clubs have been forced into. We've got another season of Askey's clearly very decent coaching, and further squad unity. 

Nailing those 3-4 signings is absolutely paramount, now. Preparation needs to be made every day. I know there's a lot going on but if we can swoop early doors when things are normal and pick up a few really tidy players, I can't see why we won't be bang in the top 7 next season.

Also been pleasantly surprised that the Prem has served up completely turgid fare, and the League 2 playoffs have been highly entertaining.

1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

Move on , we have known our fate for 6 weeks, in my opinion Northampton were outstanding last night 🙂

The Cobblers played to their strengths by getting in plenty of crosses in to test Cheltenham's weakness at the back when defending headers.

Archived