Popped up from Leicestershire to get mine; completely different experience in terms of how it’s been done, Carol greeting everyone and offering tea and coffee outside; shop all well set out with sales items as you snake around the socially distanced one way system.

Add to that I Facebook messaged Carol a question regarding the shirts availability yesterday not expecting a reply but getting one in 5 minutes...

Little things like that... chalk and cheese from what we’d been used to in recent years.

Shirt looks good in the flesh. Goalie kit could be a master stroke as it’s the same as an outfield shirt with short sleeves (could easily be an away kit in its own right) so will surely be popular too!

• Like 5

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an ex mod I have to say I love the new shirt. Totally different and I can honestly see many away fans liking our  stand out kit. There are fans out there that honestly appreciate Clubs trying to do

Popped up from Leicestershire to get mine; completely different experience in terms of how it’s been done, Carol greeting everyone and offering tea and coffee outside; shop all well set out with sales

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Popped up from Leicestershire to get mine; completely different experience in terms of how it’s been done, Carol greeting everyone and offering tea and coffee outside; shop all well set out with sales items as you snake around the socially distanced one way system.

Add to that I Facebook messaged Carol a question regarding the shirts availability yesterday not expecting a reply but getting one in 5 minutes...

Little things like that... chalk and cheese from what we’d been used to in recent years.

Shirt looks good in the flesh. Goalie kit could be a master stroke as it’s the same as an outfield shirt with short sleeves (could easily be an away kit in its own right) so will surely be popular too!

How busy was it, if you don’t mind me asking.  Was hoping to pop up shortly.

9 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Agree re: goalie kit.  Actually prefer than to the white one.  

How busy was it, if you don’t mind me asking.  Was hoping to pop up shortly.

Inside I was straight in and out; but plenty in the new shirt outside chatting to carol, was about 8:30 though, looks to be loads of stock mind.

26 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Great to read that!  Do you get free gloves with the goalie shirt?!!

15 hours ago, Properman said:

Different, but I dont like and will not buy. Support the club I want to but not with that. I hope the away one is better then i can get that.

Cheers, Yoda. 😄

Personally, I like it the more I see it. Definitely a grower, but there’s a few things I’m pleased with. The video produced by the club was excellent and really got a buzz going in terms of the new season approaching. Summed up the general optimism, positivity, togetherness and professionalism surrounding the club at present. 

I had no doubts the kit would divide opinion. That’s a given. However, healthy debate, whether people like it or not, is a plus. It’s unique. It’s got people talking, and not just Vale supporters. Plenty of brand exposure. Then, the official endorsement from Robbie Williams himself, given his popularity and fan numbers, will only be another positive in terms of the kit, and the club itself.

The professional launch has to be commended too. No awful, blurry camera photos exposing the kit before launch date. A proper approach and well presented. The players seem to like it too, given they’re the ones who’ll be wearing it all season. If you like it, buy it. If you don’t, don’t buy it. All a matter of preference.

I’d rather be debating the kit than worrying about the state of the club for once.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

It's not to my taste but probably looks better in the flesh than on a website. After a few weeks it'll seem second nature.

The trump card is having Robbie Williams launching it and wearing it. Should do us a power of good.

As an ex mod I have to say I love the new shirt. Totally different and I can honestly see many away fans liking our  stand out kit. There are fans out there that honestly appreciate Clubs trying to do "something from the norm".  Whatever Carol and Co had come up with, there would have been mixed reactions, that's human choice. I 100% applaud her vision and  attempts to put us back on the map, in every way possible. Good on yer, I'm with you and will visit the shop asap to get my annual shirts.  As my surname is Williams I'd love Robbie to sign mine for me!

• Like 6