onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New home kit

Vital Spark

22 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I am afraid the lack of sales will show what people think. Give me strength.

Let’s see... the Robbie link will boost sales I imagine.

When it comes to sales... I’d rather a sub par kit promoted by a global superstar than a normal kit that isn’t.

I actually don’t mind it myself.

Advert

Looks good. Not as dramatic as I’d hoped. Plain white back and I don’t believe for a moment that Williams did anything other than look at a selection of templates and nod in approval. The sponsor looks good however. 

I still don’t get the Robbie Williams backing, I mean there is nothing on this shirt that indicates his influence? Unless WNE is a reference to him that I’m unaware of. 

Love it!

I do understand some of the negative comments - some people are just scared of different, as has been seen by the posts on the "Art..." thread - but nothing on that shirt looks like it's been drawn in crayon, by some kid in MaccyD's under the influence of KFC gravy! It's the most original kit around, and will get talked about even by non-Vale fans...remember the Paddy Power / Huddersfield spoof? Different works!

From a design aspect, this is clever and fairly intricate. It doesn't really hark back to the Kalamazoo one which included many more random elements. I'm now ;looking forward to seeing the other kits, and all the goalie ones.

Massive thumbs-up from me!!!!! (I like some of the other Errea kits that have been released, too!) 

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Lots of engagement and a share from Robbie to his 2.5m followers?

Not a bad return.

Yep, fair play to RW and Vale for that. My initial thoughts were that him just being involved in the design, with no sign of or link to him on the end product would be of no real benefit, but him modelling the kit can only help sales and revenue. (.......shame we can't spend any extra wonga resulting from it on players now that the salary cap is here! 😄 )

With regards to RW . I am not a fan of his music. More of a Killers , Courteeners fan. 

But say that The Killers sponsored Ipswich all of a sudden I wouldn't be drawn to them at all. 

If you are a Vale fan you are a Vale fan irrelevant of a pop stars status surely. 

I guess any extra sales are more than welcome but I don't envisage hundreds of his fans buying shirts ? 

9 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

Certainly going to divide opinion, I think it will grow on fans...there was a similar reaction to the old Kalamazoo top, now regarded as a classic.....

115DC665-BCB1-44CD-AA7D-8E052931797D.jpeg

That was the worst kit ever. Looked like someone had been trying to paint a ceiling and spilt the paint everywhere. 

Archived