onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New home kit

Vital Spark

Advert

I seem to remember us having some yellow and green concoction when I was a very young lad in the late 70's / early 80's or am I imagining it?

ADO Den Haag new Errea home away third and GK kits:
https://adodenhaag.nl/nl/nieuws/laatste-nieuws/overig/8898-ado-den-haag-lanceert-nieuwe-tenues-vanaf-1-augustus-verkrijgbaar
thuisshirt_1.jpg
Sadly not as good as their 80s retro kit last season:
115ADODenHaag6.jpg

7 minutes ago, Smallthorne Dog said:

I seem to remember us having some yellow and green concoction when I was a very young lad in the late 70's / early 80's or am I imagining it?

Yellow & green were our away colours for a few seasons in the early 80s and saw some big moments :-

Enfield FA Cup 0-3 calamity (81?)

Stockport 2-1 Jim Steel 2 goal promotion-clinching night (83)

Didn't we also have yellow & green away in the 85-86 promotion season?

The yellow and green 'uns were probably among my favourite away kits.

38 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Thinking about this, did we play that Stockport game in our home white shirt or the yellow one?

I can see now the photo of Jim Steel, stood with his arms in the air as one of his goals goes in - just can't picture if he's wearing white or yellow! (......although it was probably a black-and-white photo! 😄 )

Yellow & green were our away colours for a few seasons in the early 80s and saw some big moments :-
Enfield FA Cup 0-3 calamity (81?)
Didn't we also have yellow & green away in the 85-86 promotion season?
The yellow and green 'uns were probably among my favourite away kits.

Aah yes Enfield in the FA Cup that's where I'll remember it from. One of my earliest Vale memories.... and not a good one.

36 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Thinking about this, did we play that Stockport game in our home white shirt or the yellow one?

I can see now the photo of Jim Steel, stood with his arms in the air as one of his goals goes in - just can't picture if he's wearing white or yellow! (......although it was probably a black-and-white photo! 😄 )

I remember it as yellow and green mate

I think Stockport went through a phase of playing Argentina blue and white stripes in the early 80s so it would have made sense to go there in the away kit.

Yellow and green were the away colours from around the late 70s to the mid 80s. There was the Bukta kit with their logo taped down the sleeves, then there was a yellow with green sleeves adidas teamwear thing and then the two Hobbott kits (the 'V' one and the EDS/ECCI pinstripe) had an identical version in yellow and green.

9 hours ago, Smallthorne Dog said:

My first ever vale kit was a yellow and green ‘big V’ away kit. 

Yellow and green is a great combo. But I'd like us to wear really strong, bold colours away - there's a really great blue (can't think who plays in it?) that's somewhere between Man City and Chelsea - like a kingfisher blue; or a really deep purple (one of my fave bands growing up!). If we wanted to stick with our "traditional" colours schemes - black / white / orange, then black and orange stripes or "thirds" might look good? Whichever, a strong and bold colour scheme gives the impression of confidence and strength.

Archived