onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale Street

Doha

I've got a mate from school who went to uni in the USA and now lives near Dallas, at some point when the CV19 situation has relented they've been after me flying over and doing a road trip. 

While doing a bit of scoping on furkot roadtrips and google maps I came across this newbuild estate in the middle of suburbia 

3gHaq1D.png

But then realised all around it are other roads named after football league clubs

4S1Vw0g.png

There's Crewe court, Southampton drive, Cardiff court, Leyton drive, Ipswich lane, Sheffield Drive, Gillingham lane, Fulham lane, Crawley lane, Barnsley drive, Burnley drive, Reading drive, Rotherham court, (Dagenham and) Redbridge Lane, Millwall drive, Blackpool lane, Shrewsbury drive, and Middlesbrough Drive.

Just thought it was quite interesting, must be a Brit working over there for the construction company. The lad is clearly switched on as Port Vale is the main bit and the rest are side streets.

eJ43pXr.png

You'll be pleased to know I couldn't find any record of naming summat after Stoke over there, bar some blokes farm. Even the Texans fcking hate them red and white lardy <ovf censored>. 

As you were. 

Advert

Brilliant !

On a similar tact, in the early 60’s when all I wanted to do was to eat, sleep & drink Vale, I remember being so excited that there was a ship named the “Port Vale” !

Having an unusual name probably lends itself to this sort of use, but I love the idea of Vale being celebrated  in Texas !

Having Port Vale Street in Middleport is one thing, but Texas !

13 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Brilliant !

On a similar tact, in the early 60’s when all I wanted to do was to eat, sleep & drink Vale, I remember being so excited that there was a ship named the “Port Vale” !

Having an unusual name probably lends itself to this sort of use, but I love the idea of Vale being celebrated  in Texas !

Having Port Vale Street in Middleport is one thing, but Texas !

port-vale-trawler1-1024x529.jpg
And here is the old girl ! 

There is or used to be a model of that in the Lorne Street.

Having done a bit of further googling there's a Tunstall in Virginia, which in turn is relatively close to two Burslem streets in Maryland and North Carolina. Three being relatively close to each other on the eastern seaboard makes me wonder if that was the result of SoT migration.

No 'Stoke' though anywhere. Hated everywhere they go.  

I moved up from salisbury in Wiltshire 3 and a bit years ago after many years away  whilst down there going to a footy tourno with me then missus where  her younger brother was playing a coach pulled into laverstock fc with the whole back window covered with a pvfc Union Jack flag! Nearly dropped me pint!! Wonderful I thought hered me in a vale top n a coach load turn up! Was Pewsey vale fc youth team!!! Always looked out for their results whilst in Salisbury 

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while since I’ve been to McKinney, Texas, but it’s about 45 minutes drive to Port Vale Drive. Takes you, appropriately, through Prosper (which we all hope we will, next season). IMG_2105.JPG

Archived