onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

On 07/07/2020 at 13:26, Nofinikea said:

Why are people getting hung up on the semantics?  It just shows you up as ignorant.  This was never about black people wanting to crush white people it was about black people wanting to be treated the same a white people.

Surely that's only possible if all white people are equal, which they obviously aren't, or you would have to identify which group/class/whatever of white people you wanted to be equal to.

Equality isn't malleable. 

Advert

Really can't be bothered to read the whole thread on this becuase ther eis too much arguing over next to nothing. But my take on it is simple "Don't be a dick and treat everyone the same regardless of their differences from yourself". Live your life by that mantra and 9/10 you will not be a <ovf censored> and will get it right 

Loves ya x

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

Yes,it seems to be getting more difficult not to be a racist these days?

Correct, despite the fact that racism is falling:

US - https://igpa.uillinois.edu/programs/racial-attitudes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/mixed-race-relationships-no-longer-exotic-rarity-new-normal/

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/attitudes-race-and-inequality-great-britain

If I were being very cynical I'd say that some people profit politically from being ultra woke on race issues. They clearly gain from their being more racism which possibly explains why they have to broaden or completely change definitions of racism, and spin a narrative that racism is increasing.

In every day life it's a great way for people to get likes on social media and tell everyone what a nice person they are. Even when they're baying for the blood of 'racist', getting ordinary working class people sacked for 'misspeak' on twitter, it just shows how wonderful they are.

And there are those, possibly the majority of this 'side' that are simply decent people who believe what they are told by the media. I think this will be reflected on the right to by the way, but the extreme right is nowhere near as successful and doesn't control the centre-right as the extreme left does with the centre-left.

The extreme left will eat itself eventually. There's always someone more woke than you who will eventually tell everyone how bigotted you are. A couple of great examples  - JK Rowling, Graham Linehan and I even saw James O'Brien copping a lot of stick for being transphobic yesterday. Look at how much BLM shot itself in the foot because they couldn't wait to tweet about Israel, they went from universal and unwavering support to the BBC actually distancing themselves.

On 30/06/2020 at 10:43, TheSage said:

Thankfully 99% of footballers are fully behind racial equality despite odd balls on the right trying to hijack the agenda and blur the message.

Will be interesting to see if Leeds and Stoke players take the knee tonight after Millwall,Middlesbrough,QPR and Wigan decided not to yesterday?

On 08/07/2020 at 15:38, Regal Beagle said:

Correct, despite the fact that racism is falling:

US - https://igpa.uillinois.edu/programs/racial-attitudes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/mixed-race-relationships-no-longer-exotic-rarity-new-normal/

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/attitudes-race-and-inequality-great-britain

If I were being very cynical I'd say that some people profit politically from being ultra woke on race issues. They clearly gain from their being more racism which possibly explains why they have to broaden or completely change definitions of racism, and spin a narrative that racism is increasing.

In every day life it's a great way for people to get likes on social media and tell everyone what a nice person they are. Even when they're baying for the blood of 'racist', getting ordinary working class people sacked for 'misspeak' on twitter, it just shows how wonderful they are.

And there are those, possibly the majority of this 'side' that are simply decent people who believe what they are told by the media. I think this will be reflected on the right to by the way, but the extreme right is nowhere near as successful and doesn't control the centre-right as the extreme left does with the centre-left.

The extreme left will eat itself eventually. There's always someone more woke than you who will eventually tell everyone how bigotted you are. A couple of great examples  - JK Rowling, Graham Linehan and I even saw James O'Brien copping a lot of stick for being transphobic yesterday. Look at how much BLM shot itself in the foot because they couldn't wait to tweet about Israel, they went from universal and unwavering support to the BBC actually distancing themselves.

My sister is good friends with Graham Linehan. She lost her job as a professor at York University for daring to question a boy dressed as a girl sharing the ladies toilet with her. Neither are extreme left as you put it. Couldn't be further from the truth regal. You love putting a label on everyone. Isn't that part of the problem? 

14 hours ago, WV said:

My sister is good friends with Graham Linehan. She lost her job as a professor at York University for daring to question a boy dressed as a girl sharing the ladies toilet with her. Neither are extreme left as you put it. Couldn't be further from the truth regal. You love putting a label on everyone. Isn't that part of the problem? 

They're victims of the extreme left is what I meant, not that they're far left themselves. There's always someone more woke than you. that's the point I made, it wasn't a criticism of those particular people, in fact I was actually defending them.

Could any of us imagine a time 5-10 years ago where a prominent feminist would be attacked by numerous people in mainstream media outlets (many of whom she made rich and successful by the way) because she believes that the rights of trans people should not trump the rights of women?

Linehan is a brilliant example of my point - He engaged in cancel culture because he was upset by a comedy video on youtube. A few years later he is the victim of cancel culture because he backed feminism over the trans rights movement.

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I see David McGoldrick was subject to the same sickening type of targeted Racist abuse as Wilfred Zaha over the weekend.

Still a long way to go.

Horrendous.

What made Zaha worse for me was a 12 year old was the alleged perpetrator. 

I thought the younger generation were more tolerant and understanding than that. Disgraceful. 

51 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Horrendous.

What made Zaha worse for me was a 12 year old was the alleged perpetrator. 

I thought the younger generation were more tolerant and understanding than that. Disgraceful. 

I can only think that he has learnt it from his parents at that age ... or mates from school who learned it from their parents.

Whilst anything has to be applauded , and I don't do social media myself. Facebook and Instagram etc are in a very awkward situation because as soon as something is posted it is visible whether it's for 10 seconds or 10 hours.

Off subject but look at the dreadful suicide at the weekend. Facebook left stuff up apparently for a good few hours. 

Must be nigh on impossible to police. 

I mean I'm not clever enough but even trigger words might not stop the abuse. 

Archived