onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

5 hours ago, Davebrad said:

we could say why are the blm supporters so offended by a banner?

we could also say why support a protest that doesn't involve them?

and isn't calling some people knuckle draggers, derogatory and therefore not acceptable in a modern society ie racist?

1) that's like turning up at a vale game with a stoke flag. I presume youd be ok with that then. 

2) doesnt make much sense..

3) there are knuckle draggers of all races so probably not the same as racism 🙄

Advert

54 minutes ago, WV said:

1) that's like turning up at a vale game with a stoke flag. I presume youd be ok with that then. 

1, that would be suicidal, but if wlm upsets the blm, then its not inconceivable that blm upsets wlm!!! perhaps they both should use alm...

2, going on other protests so I don't see any difference with this one, you've got the professional protesters, the trouble makers, the idiots walking around surpporting  unrelated issues, those thinking it cool to march,  those who want to abolish the police, and lastly the ones who want justice for the inequality...

3, its a derogatory term, such as paddy, jock, taffy, pongo, jap, honky, no offence with these names i'm using them as a example with no ill intent...

55 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

1, that would be suicidal, but if wlm upsets the blm, then its not inconceivable that blm upsets wlm!!! perhaps they both should use alm...

2, going on other protests so I don't see any difference with this one, you've got the professional protesters, the trouble makers, the idiots walking around surpporting  unrelated issues, those thinking it cool to march,  those who want to abolish the police, and lastly the ones who want justice for the inequality...

3, its a derogatory term, such as paddy, jock, taffy, pongo, jap, honky, no offence with these names i'm using them as a example with no ill intent...

There is absolutely no doubt that point two is correct. Professional protestors. They are watching Greta, they are at HS2, BLM, Save the ant, Airport expansions, Poll tax riots all those years ago. Brexit protests either for or against.

Amazed they have the time or the money .

2 hours ago, WV said:

Point one, the Stoke fan at Crewe who taunted us on the pitch was lucky to get out without a severe beating, so yes red rag to a bull. 

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Yes it's an insightful video and very eloquently put especially when motor mouth was constantly talking over him. 

This whole debate has got people hot under the collar that's for sure. 

It's easy for me to write oh I love Robbie Earle, Darren Beckford, Amoo, JMW etc but it's irrelevant to me . I love all Vale players apart from Martin Paterson .

I have one black mate as I've said before, I lived next to a black guy and his wife until I left home. His son still lives there and I've never heard a bad word against him. As you have previously said that's not to say that they have not received prejudice. 

I am certainly far from uneducated and no way am I racist. If I heard abuse at a game I'd intervene myself. Are my views skewed by the media, probably, but it works both ways. 

Society is going down the pan only last night Asian community were attacking each other with cricket bats and locally a white person attacked someone with a weapon in Chesterton. 

My honest opinion on this debate is that myself and a few others have been patronised at times purely because we don't agree. It has all got rather silly and I'll hold my hands up I'm complicit.

I said I wouldn't post again after someone basically tried to get me banned for their interpretation of a comment however then that defeats the object. 

Can I see the issues Black people face, of course I can and society seems frozen in a time warp. 

But I do not agree with The BLM movement spiralling into anarchy and rebellion. It's been hijacked and sadly now getting out of control. 

That's my opinion. Not a fact . 

Commissioner Dick has announced that 140 police officers have been injured in London in the last three weeks following protests and illegal raves.

This is spiralling out of control and must be stopped.

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

Would those names include limey or brit? 

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Commissioner Dick has announced that 140 police officers have been injured in London in the last three weeks following protests and illegal raves.

This is spiralling out of control and must be stopped.

they should have been firm on the first one, not frightened of been called racist, now the protesters know they have the upper hand...

5 minutes ago, geosname said:

Would those names include limey or brit? 

limey yes, brit I don't think so,and there's pom, yank, cannuk, polac, and don't forget murphy, they are all caricatures of nations etc, and people were good with them because they were not used to deride the person, belittle them, but then pc arrived, and now everyones walking on egg shells...

Another good clip from Sir Keir's interview today, finally we have a prominent politician not being too scared to call out the politics behind the BLM Organisation's mask:

I would have liked a prominent tory to say this too ideally, but maybe they'd have less chance of getting away with it as the labour leader. He seems to happy to piss off the far left though, quite impressed Sir Keir, keep up the good work!

And this is the kind of stuff that concerns a lot of people regarding the widespread lauding of a radical political movement:

Are we to assume that the premier league is now pro-palestine/anti-zionist? Seems fair enough considering they're more than happy to have this group's name/logo on their shirts.

44 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lovely definition from BLM of what defund the police actually means. Maybe we can now stop this “they don’t want” police nonsense.

D5036516-E1E2-466F-92E6-C3DA3F77761F.jpeg

It's good to see they have changed their original message from early June, where they definitley said...

"Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police."

28 minutes ago, Mario said:

It's good to see they have changed their original message from early June, where they definitley said...

"Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police."

I suspect, but don't know that they always had the current DEFINITION in their head and used the wrong word in a goFund me funding request. An easy win for anyone looking to be negative and therefore well corrected.

31 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I suspect, but don't know that they always had the current DEFINITION in their head and used the wrong word in a goFund me funding request. An easy win for anyone looking to be negative and therefore well corrected.

Don't blame me for pointing out they originally said "Abolish" Not an easy win for me at all, it's a bad loss for them, they should use the correct language to start with, they should proof read before hand , perhaps they meant abolish originally and then realised how irresponsible it was and have now removed it. 

Archived