onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

32 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Defend the police based on what crime figures? Or is it just your perception?

20% of stop and searches are performed on Black people.  Black people make up 3.5% of the population.  Are you saying that proportionately a crime is more likely to be committed by a black person than a white person?

Are your figures based on the UK as a whole ?  London is a different ball game altogether, I would hazard a guess in areas like Hackney, Tottenham and say Holloway they are predominately occupied by the Black community, so if a crime is committed in those areas the odds would be different. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

In the U.K., 86% are white British and 3% are black/ carribean, a high proportion of the 14% are of Asian origin.

Have you watched the Video I posted?

it’s an articulate discussion on this EXACT issue. If I was as concerned about black knife crime as you seem to be I would be very keen to watch it.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

For crying out loud

I tell you what you and your fellow lefty do gooders win the day I'm done with it 

Look forward to reading your posts at Christmas when fairy lights are banned as it's not PC . 

I couldn't care if I'm banned I'm certainly not racist but there's a group of you on hear who are so sanctimonious and patronising it's untrue. 

I'll go and eat my none white pudding and sausage and eggs for my tea and leave you to it. 

So out of touch with the silent majority on this country it is untrue. 

For the record I personally don’t think what you wrote was racist. 

I think it’s important to have these conversations even if the silent majority feel uncomfortable with them. I know they make me uncomfortable too!

Discussion and education is the only way to help anyone. And I mean of everyone here, I’m not pointing out anyone who needs educating before I get misinterpreted. Yesterday’s back and forth with @geosname was long and laborious and people probably hated it, but I learned a bit about the way he sees the world and that’s a good thing right? We don’t agree on certain things maybe but it’s good to prove and challenge.

For example that video is a really interesting view point on knife crime being labelled a “black crime”... shame no one wants to watch it and comment on it!! It’s actually a good watch!

Im genuinely sorry if you feel attacked on this, it’s an emotive issue and there is a lot of tough talk needed.

Everyone on here has said they are not racist, so unless you deny there is an inequality in this country, then we all want the same thing... how we get there may be hard and difficult but it’s important.

43 minutes ago, Mario said:

Are your figures based on the UK as a whole ?  London is a different ball game altogether, I would hazard a guess in areas like Hackney, Tottenham and say Holloway they are predominately occupied by the Black community, so if a crime is committed in those areas the odds would be different. 

London  Black numbers overall about 15%, with some areas  around 25% with roughly 50%  from Africa  origins. 

On 24/06/2020 at 15:55, Nofinikea said:

Yes.  If you deliberately remove the context to enable to argue that an act isnt racist then you are in fact trying to make the racism ok on a technicality, which in itself is inadvertently racist.

Just like when Geo asked me if I was ok.  Remove the context and it's a nice gesture but in fact the context meant he was being derogatory and therefore offensive.  The words themselves were not offensive, the context in which they are presented determines that they were.

That is not a difficult concept to grasp, in fact its something we teach kids as parents from an early age when we pull them up for how they might speak to us.

Arguing differently is just pedantic and semantic which is only serving to tarnish your own position.

You are right racists should be laughed at, be careful though because the corner you and a couple of others have painted yourselves into is also laughable.

I don't trust that you know what racism means.

I don't think you'll find any officially accepted definition of racism that includes the inclusion or exclusion of context to prove/disprove racism on a technicality.

That's like saying a barrister is inadvertently a murderer if he argues on a technicality that his client didn't comit a murder?

There is no possible, no reasonable way that you can say "black lives matter" includes all races, but "white lives matter" doesn't.

It's 2 sides of the same coin.

Why are the knuckle draggers so offended by the BLM movement? If they dont want to support it that's ok but why protest against a protest that doesn't involve them ? Are they the same people that say there should be a straight pride if there is a gay pride? To think at least one of them works in education too. Scary. And they are the most likely to call others snowflakes. Absolute throwbacks. 

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

For crying out loud

I tell you what you and your fellow lefty do gooders win the day I'm done with it 

I'm always a bit confused by that expression.  If you disagree with someone and call them a do gooder does that mean you're a do badder?

23 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yep.

His Company has held an investigation and sacked him, I think also based on some social media posts.

His Girlfriend has also been sacked for stuff she has said on social media. 

Queue the outrage around “Freedom of speech”

Reminder... Freedom of speech means you are not put in prison for saying things. Companies can still sack you 👍

No outrage from me, if he has breached his contract and his employers have followed their internal processes correctly and fairly, bon voyage.

It's slightly different in this country than USA, with us not having a written constitutional protection of our speech. The public are able to do anything that is not expressly forbidden by law. So freedom of speech in this country doesn't trump a companies right to freely exercise a triggered clause in an employment contract because all freedoms are equal.

43 minutes ago, portvaleofbelvoir said:

Just thought I'd have a nose on this topic and saw dear Regal had posted and thought I won't agree with that....and I did!

Even blind squirrels find a nut occasionally  

10 hours ago, WV said:

Why are the knuckle draggers so offended by the BLM movement? If they dont want to support it that's ok but why protest against a protest that doesn't involve them ? Are they the same people that say there should be a straight pride if there is a gay pride? To think at least one of them works in education too. Scary. And they are the most likely to call others snowflakes. Absolute throwbacks. 

Oh pass me the tissues.

Rob Rob personal abuse oh disgraceful I'd better report this .

Oh no hang on I'll grow a pair and dismiss the comment . 

12 hours ago, WV said:

we could say why are the blm supporters so offended by a banner?

we could also say why support a protest that doesn't involve them?

and isn't calling some people knuckle draggers, derogatory and therefore not acceptable in a modern society ie racist?

Archived