onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

5 hours ago, geosname said:

I explained to my wife before we married that if she decided to go outside of the marriage for sex it would be her choice. We would divorce and go our seperate ways. I would not stop her. It's her choice.

"So love, just before we commit to this, I want to warn you that's there's going to come a time... a time when I'm sat for hours a day arguing on a thread on a football forum about racism- presumably using my vast expertise on the subject. When that inevitably happens, I fully understand if you start looking elsewhere. But be warned. I will have to divorce you."

I mean, who hasn't had that conversation with their future spouse?

Advert

2 minutes ago, Topher said:

"So love, just before we commit to this, I want to warn you that's there's going to come a time... a time when I'm sat for hours a day arguing on a thread on a football forum about racism- presumably using my vast expertise on the subject. When that inevitably happens, I fully understand if you start looking elsewhere. But be warned. I will have to divorce you."

It’s amazing the lengths people will go to just avoid saying “that bloke with a banner was an idiot and what he did was wrong”

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Just a one night stand, she still loves you, had a moment of weakness with your mate.

He’s really sorry too.

All down the pub together the next day eh... no laws were broken. And that’s the only way we judge whether something is wrong!! So it’s all ok! 😂😂😂

I get it Geo, you will come back and say you are fine with it all.

My entire point is that if you are judging whether something is ok purely based on the law of the land then I simply don’t believe you. 

Entering a car park and seeing a little old lady waiting to park in a space. As the previous Parker leaves, you nip in and take her space.

I could sit here all night coming up with examples for you to pretend you are ok with. But it’s a waste of everyone’s time... it’s the hill you have decided to die on in this argument. So defend Away.

I didn't say any of those things.... you did.... if that's what you would do that's your choice not mine.

Not everyone fits into the little boxes you want to create for them.

Our marriage vows were quite simple. Be faithful, look after each other. If that's not possible why stay married. I gave my word, as did she, my word means something to me.

You suggest I should forgive her etc etc..... there would be no need, it would be her choice, I would not hate her for doing it.

As for the rest it's just gibberish..... I would do what I think is right what you would do would be your choice.. that's why doing the right thing is so woolly.

3 hours ago, Topher said:

If that's the conversation you had that's fine, I have no problem with it, why should I? You didn't have the conversation with me.

7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

It’s amazing the lengths people will go to just avoid saying “that bloke with a banner was an idiot and what he did was wrong”

Do you need other people to say it to confirm what you think is right.... or wrong?

7 hours ago, Topher said:

Unfortunately my time spent at a computer isn't governed solely by choice.

Quite often recently it's been determined by what else I am able to do given my health issues.

I have not seen my wife since February,  her mother was taken ill and her sister had a complete breakdown. She asked me if she should go home. I explained the difficulties of the decision she had to make but she had to make it, not me. It was not right, for me, to impose my will on her.

Why you want to mock a situation that works for the people involved is rather odd and speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

You have turned yourself inside out.  You would divorce her because she broke a vow which is fine because we all probably would.  However, the point is she would not have broken any law and merely just violated your own moral code which shows clearly that your assertion that it only matters about the law is disingenuous.

So taking everything you have said about the law, the banner and marriage,  you have higher moral standards about marriage than you do about racism as you would act on a perfectly legal action on your marriage but dance all around the semantics of a racist act because is broke no law...

Its hypocrisy at its finest.  You will dance and wiggle and say all sorts of pointless things now because that's what you do.

😂😂😂

You seem to be confusing 2 totally different things to support your twisted theory.

Law governs society, that's what it was constructed to do. Appropriate laws and equal application are essential to equality.

A marriage contract (vows) are applicable to the individuals who agree to them. The law does its best not to get involved.

The banner in this context is a much wider issue than a personal one. It is wide enough to become a societal problem and the law takes precedence. Therefore whatever I say or think about the banner is simply opinion and is worth about as much as anyone else's.... bugger all in reality.... it carries no weight in law. It's not a personal issue it's a societal issue, the law is what's important, personal feelings become irrelevant. 

I am bipolar boarderline sociopath, clinical diagnoses,  I have problems dealing with emotions so I try to eliminate them where possible because I don't understand them on some levels. I have managed to function by doing so without the aid of drugs for quite some time and it works..... for me.

I doubt your values of right and wrong are comparable with mine on numerous thing,  yours are right for you mine for me. Trying to squeeze people into the boxes you think appropriate is not freedom or equality it closer to suppression and conformity..... equality is not achievable under those constraints.

Again most of the above is oppinion, it's not devalued simply because it's not yours.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Do you need other people to say it to confirm what you think is right.... or wrong?

Let’s try... you ask me if something is right or wrong and I will give you a straight answer without taking 3 pages of caveats, twisting the question and avoiding the issue.

I will start you off:

The Banner - not ok

Sleeping with your mates wife - not ok

Cutting in front of old lady at the super market - not ok

3 minutes ago, WV said:

I got sacked once for being hungover at work. The police weren't involved. Should I go to tribunal as I clearly didn't break the law? 

Did you break the rules (terms and conditions) you agreed to in the contract you signed?

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Let’s try... you ask me if something is right or wrong and I will give you a straight answer without taking 3 pages of caveats, twisting the question and avoiding the issue.

I will start you off:

The Banner - not ok

Sleeping with your mates wife - not ok

Cutting in front of old lady at the super market - not ok

It's difficult because what's ok to me equates to would I do it.

The banner..... I wouldn't

The old lady, or anyone..... I wouldn't

Someone's wife..... I wouldn't unless they knew about it and agreed to it.

Best I can do.

6 minutes ago, geosname said:

It's difficult because what's ok to me equates to would I do it.

The banner..... I wouldn't

The old lady, or anyone..... I wouldn't

Someone's wife..... I wouldn't unless they knew about it and agreed to it.

Best I can do.

As a PS...... I've widened the scope of some of the questions to give a more accurate answer.

9 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yep.

His Company has held an investigation and sacked him, I think also based on some social media posts.

His Girlfriend has also been sacked for stuff she has said on social media. 

Queue the outrage around “Freedom of speech”

Reminder... Freedom of speech means you are not put in prison for saying things. Companies can still sack you 👍

The social media aspect intrigues me. Myself i have no interest in sticking a picture of a plate of baked beans or a glass of wine on Facebook or whatever platform.

But from my limited experience of it i know it can prejudice employers views whether rightly or wrongly.

Where i work there was a set of interviews for a High flying position on a six figure salary.

One guy seemed to stand out head and shoulders above the rest and i wasn't alone in that opinion. ( i attended a get together and informal chat with all the candidates ) 

They did their due diligence afterwards which i found strange and he was not considered for the position because of his social media.

His Twitter was full of retweets and on these were a few obscenities. The tweets were mainly anti-brexit and anti-Johnson. He had made no actual obscene comments himself just purely retweeted. 

Now he is still employed at the other employers and they have deemed those tweets okay ( unless they haven't seen them ) , yet a prospective employee felt they were too much.

I'm not sure that sits right with me. 

There are some outrageous things on Twitter and the amount of folk out of work would be astronomical if everyone took action.

16 minutes ago, geosname said:

Did you break the rules (terms and conditions) you agreed to in the contract you signed?

I'd assume I did. Just like the bonehead who paid for the banner. What's the issue with him being sacked then? 

Archived