onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

An example that is relevant this week -  the far right now controls the narrative on Islamic terror:

40 odd people have been killed in the UK by Islamic terrorists in the last decade. 13 black people have been killed in police custody. The numbers are comparable if you count all BAME deaths in custody.

On the face of it, it is quite reasonable to be against Islamic terrorism. Yet who controls the narrative on this? Tommy Robinson and groups like these football lads types. Anyone who isn't far-right but has an opinion on it is labelled as Islamophobic, Racist, Far right, fascist etc.

We are now in a situation whereby some impressionable kid could think "why  are the Tommy Robinson types the only ones speaking out about this clearly evil thing, why are they attacked for it, and maybe they're right about other things if they're right about this"

We really need politicians, the media and 'celebrities' to grow a backbone and stop capitulating to the far left control narrative of what is morally acceptable.

Advert

10 hours ago, geosname said:

What exactly is wrong with the banner over Burnley? 

Not the intent, I have no idea at this point what the intent was, the banner.

agree, what is so racist in that phrase, for a football club to say they will ban whoever did it, and Blackpool airfield say we wont let you use our facilities anymore...the lancashire plod are making inquires, yet millions around the world are carrying blm banners, where does racism begin and freedom of speech end?

On 16/06/2020 at 11:42, TheSage said:

Racial equality isn't a matter of left or right. It has nothing to do with party politics.

It's a moral imperative.

It's about what is right and what is wrong.

Do you think Joe Biden is right or wrong when he says "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump,then you ain't black"?

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

agree, what is so racist in that phrase, for a football club to say they will ban whoever did it, and Blackpool airfield say we wont let you use our facilities anymore...the lancashire plod are making inquires, yet millions around the world are carrying blm banners, where does racism begin and freedom of speech end?

Do you think Ben Mee’s outrage and shame of the incident was fake?

If not, why do you think he was so ashamed and upset by it? 

11 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Watch this...................................................................

Now imagine half way through Robbie’s impassioned speech @Davebrad, @geosname and @Regal Beagle walk behind him with a banner saying “Rebeccas life matters”

They can’t see the issue with the Burnley banner so they won’t see an issue with that.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Do you think Ben Mee’s outrage and shame of the incident was fake?

If not, why do you think he was so ashamed and upset by it? 

again why was it offensive?, and I admit i'm being cynical but when he said it had upset both himself and his team mates, twice, that I heard on the news item, the fact they lost by 5-0 was that his excuse for their performance...really professionals.

21 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

again why was it offensive?, and I admit i'm being cynical but when he said it had upset both himself and his team mates, twice, that I heard on the news item, the fact they lost by 5-0 was that his excuse for their performance...really professionals.

The first paragraph of the post above answers the why is is offensive.

as far as I have seen they absolutely have not used it as an example for their defeat so that a weird thing to say.

Now...

Do you think Ben Mee’s outrage and shame of the incident was fake?

If not, why do YOU think he was so ashamed and upset by it? 

I didn't ask if people were offended. 

From reactions it seems people saying black lives matter is acceptable but people saying white lives matter is racist.

That's a dangerous concept if the aim is equality for all.

The intent may have had racial motivation, I don't know, but if things are being judged on people being offended we are in serious trouble.

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

It was offensive because it belittled the work that football and the clubs have put into this campaign.  It was a deliberate act designed to provoke exactly the straw defence you, Geo and RB are using.  The words themselves are not racist or offensive, the timing and location made it racist and offensive because that's the context in which it was presented.

If you, Geo and RB want to stand shoulder to shoulder with Right Wing, EDL, racist football hooligans like the Burnley Suicide Squad then that's your choice.  Maybe give it VLF chant and go for a pint with the N40 in the Dinosour Arms.

How very strange.....

I specifically asked about the banner not the intent, you state the banner isn't racist yet jump to the conclusion that because the question was asked the person asking is a far right racist..... but you don't think the words are racist.... some may think you are far right because you don't think it's racist.

I wasn't defending anything when I asked the question... You made an assumption 

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The first paragraph of the post above answers the why is is offensive.

as far as I have seen they absolutely have not used it as an example for their defeat so that a weird thing to say.

Now...

Do you think Ben Mee’s outrage and shame of the incident was fake?

If not, why do YOU think he was so ashamed and upset by it? 

This may be controversial..... but what he feels should be irrelevant under the law..... which is where equality resides.

People may get upset, offended, outraged about many different things..... should we make them offences under the law?

Imagine if one player didn't take a knee, imagine he didn't simply because he didn't think it was the right thing to do, or he thought it was inappropriate for some reason...... would he still be part of the team? Would he be vilified/ridiculed in the press? By supporters? By management? By BLM?

Wouldn't that be coercion not freedom?

Freedom of speech should never be decided on whether the people who hear you like or dislike what you have to say.

I have no problem with people carrying banners that state black lives matter, although it's restrictive in my opinion, I have no problem with the wording on the flying banner... if we could get both heading in the same direction....

It seems odd to me that the BLM banners are not exclusive to black lives i.e. other lives matter too....... yet it seems WLM banners are judged to be exclusive...... now there is equality as we know it today.

15 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

The very fact you asked aligns you with those that did it.  Like it or not that's a fact and if you asked to portray yourself as some sort of multi layered intellect then all you have managed to do is portray yourself as supporting a racist act.  Well done.

Which racist act?..... the words on the banner aren't racist... unless you are suggesting it means only white lives matter or you are suggesting white lives don't matter..... either may be seen as racist.

So asking a question aligns you to  something?

I'm not sure you would know a fact if it bit you.

Archived