onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

10 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

but we can't go round in sack-cloth and ashes forever now, because 3-4 generations ago money was made from slavery, and built this country to be what it is today...so most things in todays society have history with slavery, do we tear it all down, we've apologised for our part in it,  how far do we have to go, or better still how much can we or how much will we take...

Its not the slavery that is the problem, it is the  current inequality.  A few statues are  symbols and are being used as dead cats to divert attention.

Advert

16 hours ago, TheSage said:

I say this with fear and trepidation but isn't the song a bit crap? I can't see why it's become so popular. Does nothing for me. But there again I don't think the NA is any great shakes either even though I'm  English to the core. 

Stand in the Parc des Princes or the old Arms Park and listen to the French crowd or the Welsh lot singing their songs and the hairs on your neck will stand up.

I know Swing Low isn't our anthem but it's become synonymous with English rugby and I'm sorry but I wouldn't shed a tear whatsoever if it was dropped.

It's better than God Save the Queen. I'd say change our anthem to Jerusalem, a nice rousing song. Hopefully that hasn't got any racist links, though the actual city of Jerusalem itself is a bit of a political hot button, putting it mildly.

As I said before, I think it's impossible for a white person to know what it's like to be a black person.

Dion Dublin - lovely fella as far as I can tell - was relating how two young women called him a BB in a supermarket not long ago. It's utterly staggering that any human being should have to accept that kind of abuse.

We've had 3-4 enquiries in the last few years and the government has done nothing except kick the can down the road. It's way past time that these recommendations were put into place and that we had a comprehensive system of education that taught and stressed [racial] equality from 4-16. Education is the only way you'll change hearts and minds. Children are not born hating other people.

Black people are fed up and frustrated. If we'd done something about it years ago we wouldn't be having demonstrations today. There would be no need for them.

34 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It's so insidious and pernicious and we haven't a clue what it must be like to, I dunno, be routinely eyed with suspicion when entering a shop or be massively more likely to be stopped by police. Then there's stuff like this...

I know what it's like, every time I go out, especially during the pandemic.

I learned what I know about black people from black people, I agree it's not the same..... I learned what I know about Asian people from Asians..... it's not everything..... I don't profess to know everything or even a significant amount about either.

Everyone is biased and discriminates to some degree, that will never change, it's part of how we make decisions. The state, with all its arms and functions, needs to change, the enforcement arm (the police) need desperate changes to ensure the law is enforced equally to all citizens..... irrespective of wealth, position, race, religion etc etc. Including the enforcers. 

43 minutes ago, geosname said:

What exactly is wrong with the banner over Burnley? 

Not the intent, I have no idea at this point what the intent was, the banner.

From what I gather Geo it goes something like this....

Black lives matter doesn't mean black lives, it actually means all lives and is anti-racist

All lives matter doesn't mean all lives, it actually means white lives and is racist

White lives matter does just mean white lives and is racist

I really am getting concerned now that both groups of extremists actually want a cultural race war. These stunts on both sides do absolutely NOTHING when it comes to healing the divide, they just drive the wedge deeper. The silent majority who are mainly made up of reasonable and sensible people know full well what is going on but are too afraid to speak.

Those who have a lot to lose are bullied into compliance with the far left and in turn we're left with a ludicrous situation where Black Lives Matter (abolish capitalism/police/nuclear families) is printed on the shirts of premier league teams and players are kneeling before each and every game, whereas the phrase White Lives Matter is called racist and Burnley are threatening to ban anyone responsible for life.

More people will be radicalised. The extremists will become more empowered. The violence will escalate.

The narrative spun by both sides has to be rejected and the truth has to prevail.

We need some more funds to reach the lower leagues because lower leagues matter. 

Yeah but Premier clubs matter too

Ofcourse they do, but they have the vast majority of wealth from tv deals that the lower league clubs don't get, it's a bit unequal isnt it?

Yeah but all clubs matter, drool drool drool

Archived