onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Circular argument as to why the Black community lives in poverty in the US and don't have the opportunities that White people do.

Have you watched the 13th on Netflix? I suggest you do. 

A simple question... do you believe that the Black community is treated worse than the white community in the US?

Are you suggesting that there is no poverty in other communities? Are you saying all black people have no opportunities? Just take the sports industry for example, I don’t know the exact figures but I’d guess pro-athletes in the US are a good proportion black and judging by the recent global rich-list for sportsmen, I would say they’re doing a good job of it from their respective earnings. To say they don’t have the opportunities isn’t quite right is it?

It’s easy to blame a problem on ‘broken society’, but it’s about time we ALL starting taking responsibility for individual actions, the world would be a much more respectful place for everyone.

Advert

5 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Are you suggesting that there is no poverty in other communities? Are you saying all black people have no opportunities? Just take the sports industry for example, I don’t know the exact figures but I’d guess pro-athletes in the US are a good proportion black and judging by the recent global rich-list for sportsmen, I would say they’re doing a good job of it from their respective earnings. To say they don’t have the opportunities isn’t quite right is it?

It’s easy to blame a problem on ‘broken society’, but it’s about time we ALL starting taking responsibility for individual actions, the world would be a much more respectful place for everyone.

So let me get this right, because some black athletes are rich, we should ignore that Black Americans don't get the same opportunities as White America.

You know full well I'm not saying that ALL black people don't have the same opportunities, that would be stupid. I'm saying on average, as a collective Black people dont have the same opportunities.

Are you saying they do?

35 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Answer me a simple question... I don’t know you, your age, your race, your religion, your sexuality, but how many times have you had a direct altercation with the police?

So let me get this really clear... is where you are going with this is that Black people do more crime and therefore deserve to be targeted by the police?

So let me get this really clear... is where you are going with this is that Black people do more crime and therefore deserve to be targeted by the police?

Very predictable!

No I’m afraid the point I was going to make was, if you don’t commit a crime or act aggressively then it’s highly unlikely you will cross paths with the police in the first place, thus drastically reducing the chance of any unjustified outcomes.

Sorry I didn’t act as you wanted in your game.

So let me get this right, because some black athletes are rich, we should ignore that Black Americans don't get the same opportunities as White America.
You know full well I'm not saying that ALL black people don't have the same opportunities, that would be stupid. I'm saying on average, as a collective Black people dont have the same opportunities.
Are you saying they do?

I’m not saying anything, you did.

14 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Very predictable!

No I’m afraid the point I was going to make was, if you don’t commit a crime or act aggressively then it’s highly unlikely you will cross paths with the police in the first place, thus drastically reducing the chance of any unjustified outcomes.

Sorry I didn’t act as you wanted in your game.

That's exactly the point I said you were making!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

10 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I’m not saying anything, you did.

I'm afraid in that case I have no idea at all what point you are making as you don't seem to be making one. RAther you seem to be playing a "Game" where you think people are trying to trap people. Its frankly strange.

MY point is that over generations the black people of america have been portrayed as criminals and a 'bad' race... I think that has penetrated into the psyche of people all over the world and they get an unfair ride economically, opportunity wise and when it comes to treatment by the police. It's a self fulfilling prophecy which often manifests itself in statements like "Well if they weren't doing anything bad the police wouldn't target them".... statements like that show a fundamental lack of understanding of the issue they face and the deep routed challenges faced by the black people of america.

If you disagree with any of that, let me know which bits. 

If you don't disagree then I don't know what your point is at all.

1 minute ago, Vital Spark said:

No it isn’t at all, I’m saying regardless of race, religion etc.. if you commit a crime you can expect attention from the police and you know it is.

In other News water is wet.

Obviously everyone agrees with that. Show me anyone who has disagreed.

My previous post outlines my views on that and how the black community has an unfair position in society.

If you disagree with it then let me know which bits.

I'm afraid in that case I have no idea at all what point you are making as you don't seem to be making one. RAther you seem to be playing a "Game" where you think people are trying to trap people. Its frankly strange.

MY point is that over generations the black people of america have been portrayed as criminals and a 'bad' race... I think that has penetrated into the psyche of people all over the world and they get an unfair ride economically, opportunity wise and when it comes to treatment by the police. It's a self fulfilling prophecy which often manifests itself in statements like "Well if they weren't doing anything bad the police wouldn't target them".... statements like that show a fundamental lack of understanding of the issue they face and the deep routed challenges faced by the black people of america.

If you disagree with any of that, let me know which bits. 

If you don't disagree then I don't know what your point is at all.

The point I’ve proved, like others have suggested, is regardless what anyone else says, you always need to be right, with no respect for others and their opinions. Isn’t respect for others exactly what this is all about?

Belittling others in a pedantic manner isn’t a good quality to have.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

In some cases they will but I believe most the time it is nothing to do with racism.

In that case I’m afraid we just disagree. 

I will repeat my stance ...

Just now, Vital Spark said:

The point I’ve proved, like others have suggested, is regardless what anyone else says, you are always need to be right, with no respect for others and their opinions. Isn’t respect for others exactly what this is all about?

Belittling others in a pedantic manner isn’t a good quality to have.

Search my posts for the phase “Mia culpa” it means “my fault“ and I‘m quite happy  admitting when I’m wrong about something.

This feels like a very high school or primary school argument.

If you don’t like people disagreeing with you then a thread debating difficult topics may not be for you. 

Archived