onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Bearing in mind that the BLM protest in London was called off yesterday - what makes you say that these blokes are BLM protestors rather than just young thugs?

These leaflets appeared in London and Dundee yesterday....5a65b73d7308d86ea5caa98044dd514b.jpg

1cca858c0199d257beb807cb396cf01c.jpg

Whether they genuine or not, it just shows how dangerous these protests are becoming.

Advert

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It's not for me when a boy can't be a boy and a girl can't be a girl these days without offending somebody. 

Your generation doesn't know if you are a boy a girl or a teapot . 

Quite pathetic I know but it resonated with me. 

No one is offended by a boy being a boy. Someone being trans is not an attack on others. 

Very. Do you actually believe that being trans is something that children have just invented?

11 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

No one is offended by a boy being a boy. Someone being trans is not an attack on others. 

Very. Do you actually believe that being trans is something that children have just invented?

I don't think there has been anything new with sex or sexuality for a long time..... except a cure for the clap..... and that isn't new.

Although I have noticed that every generation seems to think they have invented sex.

A smart person once told me "making a hole in a piece of wood doesn't make you a carpenter"

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Very true. The media fail to declare that one of the George Floyd arresting officers was black and George Floyd was high on crystal meth at the time or he had a history of criminal convictions including armed robbery. 

The press do like to fuel the fire, gives them good stories, anyone would think that Covid cases are declining and not as big news for them anymore. 

Yes, him being on drugs or having previously committed crimes is completely relevant to a police man kneeling on his neck as he pleads for his life.

19 minutes ago, geosname said:

I don't think there has been anything new with sex or sexuality for a long time..... except a cure for the clap..... and that isn't new.

Although I have noticed that every generation seems to think they have invented sex.

A smart person once told me "making a hole in a piece of wood doesn't make you a carpenter"

I agree. I’d argue there are more openly gay people around today in the uk. More likely though that people hid their sexuality in the past out of fear than the current generation suddenly deciding they want to be gay. Amazingly, in countries where gays are persecuted, there are less openly gay people. 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yes, him being on drugs or having previously committed crimes is completely relevant to a police man kneeling on his neck as he pleads for his life.

You are correct Joe it's totally irrelevant and as I've stated previously the murder was abhorrent. 

Phil is making the point that stuff like that wasn't published in the media. My parents are 81 and 75 , no interest in the internet and only have access to Freeview. 

They until they spoke to my brother on Friday were unaware of the string of convictions that Floyd had purely because The Beeb or Sky news have not mentioned it once. 

In no way does having a million convictions make murder less grotesque but some people are not getting the full information from the media for whatever reason they decided not to do so. 

Wouldn't change my parents view that it was absolutely shocking but more importantly when someone has access to the whole picture they might be able to understand why it took 4 men to arrest him rather than being perplexed at the gross action taken by the coppers 

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

But you could argue that 2 of the 4 arresting officers were not white meaning the arrest and treatment was not because GF was black. Also, have you ever seen anyone on the influence of crystal meths?

3 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I agree. I’d argue there are more openly gay people around today in the uk. More likely though that people hid their sexuality in the past out of fear than the current generation suddenly deciding they want to be gay. Amazingly, in countries where gays are persecuted, there are less openly gay people. 

Being openly gay is a slightly different argument than being gay, but I agree fear does strange things...... but I have trouble sometimes understanding the fear..... why are "straight" people so afraid?

45 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

But you could argue that 2 of the 4 arresting officers were not white meaning the arrest and treatment was not because GF was black. Also, have you ever seen anyone on the influence of crystal meths?

You'd be wrong in thinking that though. Have a look at this. It's not the race of the police that's the issue (although more people of colour joining the police may have a positive affect), it the disproportionate number of arrests and attacks on black people by police of all races that's the problem.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/black-cops-are-just-as-likely-as-whites-to-kill-black-suspects

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

I am NOT defending the probably pi$$ed up and probably as high as a kite idiot who took a pee, by his demeanour it seems to me he was desperate for a pee and in his addled state not realised where he was, that is NOT a defence it's an explanation, also he turned himself in which he didn't need to do.

It seems to be thing with football supporting chavs, the number of times I've seen this kind of behaviour from Vale fans on the lash, in fact as a middle aged man it's putting me off going to some away games. 

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

More than 100 arrested yesterday, injuring 6 police officers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53037767

Meanwhile, in Brighton, a socially-distant, mile-long protest is completed with zero trouble:

image.png.089bcb030a55e93185ef5bcccbae8813.png

I'm sure those who were stumbling over each other to condemn BLM for last weekend's awful scenes which undoubtedly need criticism (including people today, a full week later) will be similarly critical of the protests yesterday.

🙂

ah that man on the right must have got the wrong train as he's giving the Nazi salute so he must be a DFLA member...

3 hours ago, TheSage said:

Having watched the CCTV camera of this incident, as far as I can tell, shooting the man was unnecessary. He looked as if he was lying on the ground and had dropped the taser. It's hard to see as the footage is behind a parked car but I'm fairly certain that there was no need to shoot him dead. 100% sure from the footage from the restaurant camera. There are a number of ways you can incapacitate someone without shooting them dead from point blank range. 

as he was running away he did lift the arm with the taser and point it towards the chasing policemen, or that's how it looked.

Archived