onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Having watched the CCTV camera of this incident, as far as I can tell, shooting the man was unnecessary. He looked as if he was lying on the ground and had dropped the taser. It's hard to see as the footage is behind a parked car but I'm fairly certain that there was no need to shoot him dead. 100% sure from the footage from the restaurant camera. There are a number of ways you can incapacitate someone without shooting them dead from point blank range. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

No it wouldn’t, that’s ridiculous. 

No one is arguing that police brutality in general isn’t a problem. 

‘Racism plays a part’ - ignoring its won’t make it go away if it’s institutional. 

I'm not suggesting it should be ignored. It is a problem. It's not, in my opinion, the major problem with the police.

Again, in my opinion, if you bring the police under control you start to bring the "power" under control. That could be achievable by inclusion of all the people. All the ethnicities that are abused by the police..... which, I would suggest, includes everyone not connected to the thin blue line.

Yesterday. This idea that both sides are equally to blame is ludicrous.

As far as I was aware the BLM campaign was about racial equality and civil rights. What we saw yesterday was white supremacists, thugs and hooligans targeting the police and deliberately causing mayhem, quite apart from their Nazi salutes and threatening behaviour.

Nothing noble about what their intentions were.

Having watched the CCTV camera of this incident, as far as I can tell, shooting the man was unnecessary. He looked as if he was lying on the ground and had dropped the taser. It's hard to see as the footage is behind a parked car but I'm fairly certain that there was no need to shoot him dead. 100% sure from the footage from the restaurant camera. There are a number of ways you can incapacitate someone without shooting them dead from point blank range. 

Nobody, including the OVF social experts, can decide if what happened in Atlanta justifies a shooting death and I agree it most likely didn’t from what we see. The point I’m making is how the media have again turned this into another explosive situation, by a lazy use of words simply to create a headline.

As far as I was aware the BLM campaign was about racial equality and civil rights. What we saw yesterday was white supremacists, thugs and hooligans targeting the police and deliberately causing mayhem, quite apart from their Nazi salutes and threatening behaviour.

Yesterday was a mirror of what happened last week.

Last Saturday a majority of peaceful protesters tried to make their point but this was overshadowed by a minority who wanted to cause trouble.

Yesterday a majority of peaceful people wanted to safeguard something special to them, but again was overshadowed by morons wanting to cause trouble.

There was no difference, yet the media swing it to meet their troublemaking agenda. For every disturbing image from yesterday, you can easily find an identical image from last week, the the media and politicians don’t want to. Equally, last week there were 99.9% of protesters who didn’t even know what the statues they were destroying were, just like yesterday 99.9% didn’t know anything about the landmarks they were allegedly defending!

Both weekends achieved nothing other than fanning the flames on a fragile situation.

You conveniently forget to mention the hundreds of ex-servicemen/veterans in peaceful attendance at memorials, a lot of whom were black, Asian and from minority backgrounds.

37 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Don’t you mean we shouldn’t erase history, we should erect a statue of him in order to educate future generations?

If that’s what you want to do. I wouldn’t be bothered if that is what happens. 

17 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Nobody, including the OVF social experts, can decide if what happened in Atlanta justifies a shooting death and I agree it most likely didn’t from what we see. The point I’m making is how the media have again turned this into another explosive situation, by a lazy use of words simply to create a headline.

Very true. The media fail to declare that one of the George Floyd arresting officers was black and George Floyd was high on crystal meth at the time or he had a history of criminal convictions including armed robbery. 

The press do like to fuel the fire, gives them good stories, anyone would think that Covid cases are declining and not as big news for them anymore. 

33 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

It’s not a presumed event, it happened last night - read/watch the news! There was also a video too!

Just like the media you only want to see one side of the story, the side that suits your agenda.

I watched it. You Moan about the media but managed to put your own slant on what happened, even compared to the right wing press. I’d say being shot dead in this instance was not justified at all. And I haven’t seen a report that stated he was shot for taking a nap. He was sleeping though, so to Escalate a situation where a guy is asleep, unarmed and drunk in a car to one where he is shot dead is a great example of the policing problem in America. Where they rely on guns and not on escalation skills. Something that luckily I think the uk police is a lot better at. 

There is a difference in campaigning for black civil rights [after a black man has been murdered] and deliberately going down to London to attack the police and cause mayhem.

if you can't see the difference may I suggest a drive to Barnard Castle?

Those white supremacists had no need to be there. The police were guarding the precious statues which were boarded up anyway, so pray tell me what these right wing thugs and Nazi sympathisers were doing there, apart from deliberately looking for trouble? The BLM demonstrations had already been called off.

Blimey. Toppling a statue in Bristol docks is just the same as attacking the police with bottles and knives and bringing central London to a standstill. Really? 

I watched it. You Moan about the media but managed to put your own slant on what happened, even compared to the right wing press. I’d say being shot dead in this instance was not justified at all. And I haven’t seen a report that stated he was shot for taking a nap. He was sleeping though, so to Escalate a situation where a guy is asleep, unarmed and drunk in a car to one where he is shot dead is a great example of the policing problem in America. Where they rely on guns and not on escalation skills. Something that luckily I think the uk police is a lot better at. 

Nobody should expect to lose their life for an incident like this, although neither of us know what truly happened. However, if you weren’t committing a crime or acting suspiciously in the first place then the police wouldn’t have even been in attendance in this situation and the guy would still be alive.

We must stop this idea that every time a crime is committed or something goes wrong, then it is society that is broken, rather than individuals being accountable for their own actions.

6 minutes ago, TheSage said:

There is a difference in campaigning for black civil rights [after a black man has been murdered] and deliberately going down to London to attack the police and cause mayhem.

if you can't see the difference may I suggest a drive to Barnard Castle?

Those white supremacists had no need to be there. The police were guarding the precious statues which were boarded up anyway, so pray tell me what these right wing thugs and Nazi sympathisers were doing there, apart from deliberately looking for trouble? The BLM demonstrations had already been called off.

Blimey. Toppling a statue in Bristol docks is just the same as attacking the police with bottles and knives and bringing central London to a standstill. Really? 

But exactly the same happened last week when BLM demonstrators attacked police. 

10 hours ago, Joe B said:

Incredibly, its still not the weirdest comment in here, a title that belongs to "you can't judge Mein Kampf without reading it".

I've read it.  Well I read the abridged version - I seem to recall that for a while the full version was not available in this country.  I read it when I was doing my A Levels and found it rambling and crazy in equal measure.  As a work of literature I'd give it 1 out of 10. 

Right-wing press - that’s hilarious!

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

It appears that the bloke responsible has reported to a police station and handed himself in.  Is it just me or is he actually peeing next to the memorial rather than on it - perhaps using it to hide his todger??

Archived