onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Hope we get consistency in here and all members of the protest today, and anyone who remotely shares the views of this man, is labelled as one and the same, just like BLM and Antifa were when a minority of them acted just as stupidly.

image.thumb.png.df6fc6c7a38f0d01b3d51d29d1345bb3.png

Advert

17 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The people who attended today to protect the memorials were issued with a Section 14 of the Public Order Act to move on or be arrested?

as a matter of interest as there been any Section 14's issued at any of the blm rally's?

1 hour ago, Vital Spark said:

Two or three weeks ago 99.99% of the UK, including those who vandalised them, wouldn’t have even known what these statues were.

Ignorance is Bliss.    Knowledge is Power.    Take your pick

9 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

look back to the 18-19th centuries, most but not all, got a eye for the fast buck, wrongly to us now that meant slave trading, when it stopped they looked to other things, politics always looks good so some used money to that ends by giving to schools, hospitals, and to their towns. After they died people to say thank you and show appreciation put up statues, now to us today slavery was bad, but the statues where put up show the peoples thanks for these other things they did not for their slave trading.

Churchills is to recognise his statesmanship 1906 to 1945, and leading us to win the war, but not to recognise his failing at Gallipoli, or his Irish legacy, or ordering Harris to bomb German citys, for which Harris got blamed, and the all volunteer bomber command with 55,573 dead, were not recognised for their part in winning the war until 2012, and that's been  desecrated a few times now.

the 2nd part of my reply was to say just because they DFLA were holding their arms up whilst chanting England, England, it doesn't mean it was a Nazi salute, has Vale do it chanting to the away crowds, but as I said I have not seen any news so I can't say for sure.

I know its a bit long reply but its what I think, and you did ask...

Slavery was bad then too, and I’m sure if somebody asked the slaves, they wouldn’t have responded, ‘well at least he’ll give the money from selling me like cattle, to charity’. luckily those people who believed It was wrong, put a stop to it. And it was a small minority who had or sold slaves. The vast majority of people in Britain didnt. we’ve been around the block in the ‘well the statues because he gave to charity’ argument. Would you be happy with a jimmy saville statue? 

You haven’t seen them, but your first instinct is to defend them? We’ve talked imperialism, hitlers manifesto, slavers, and hooligans, but the only person, without pause, you’ve criticised as racist is Jeremy Corbyn, because he didn’t deal with accusations quick enough.

If a labour mp called mein kampf a wonderful book, defended slavers, went out on protest and gave a nazi salute, would you criticise Corbyn is he didn’t do anything about it? 

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

How dare you question Joe 

He'll be back at you soon with his patronising know it all views 

The fact that Joe and his views get to you so much shows you might be taking this a bit too much to heart.

Its a debate, he will say you are wrong, you will say he is wrong.

40 minutes ago, geosname said:

Seems they were but the teams ignored it

Any proof mate? FIFA initially deemed them political but this was very quickly reversed and there's now no issue. No British based institutions have banned it.

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

How dare you question Joe 

He'll be back at you soon with his patronising know it all views 

I've got no issue with people questioning me, I quite enjoy the debate. I don't tend to start having a meltdown like you do when someone disagrees.

Exposing your views for being ill-thought out, without much factual grounding, and often fairly wide-of-the-mark is just me trying to keep things accurate in here Darren.

If you feel patronised by that, I'm sorry 🙂

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Any proof mate? FIFA initially deemed them political but this was very quickly reversed and there's now no issue. No British based institutions have banned it.

I've got no issue with people questioning me, I quite enjoy the debate. I don't tend to start having a meltdown like you do when someone disagrees.

Exposing your views for being ill-thought out, without much factual grounding, and often fairly wide-of-the-mark is just me trying to keep things accurate in here Darren.

If you feel patronised by that, I'm sorry 🙂

You don't have a meltdown because you are always right aren't you. 

Even your last paragraph is patronising with your smiley face. 

I hope I never have the misery of sitting next to you at a game .

You keep putting everyone like me in their place and exposing our thoughts because you are so morally superior to cavemen like me . 

59 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I hope I never have the misery of sitting next to you at a game .

I'm sorry you've gotten this angry Darren. We're both Vale fans. I'd happily sit next to you at VP and buy you a pint in the Leopard.

13 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Looking at some of the footage from last week you would think there were a few handed out to the police?

There were section 14s on both protests today in regards to where the protest were to be held and what time they finished. 

Archived