onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Advert

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sky and BBC news loving it today.

Police in riot gear and numerous roads blocked off . 

Pity that they didn't take that approach last week before the violence and vandalism. 

The police need protective gear when  beer bottles are being thrown and there is a history of violence.

Footage I have seen has shown Grenadier guards marching to The Cenotaph and people labelled right wing thugs picking up litter and putting it in bins. 

Bound to be idiots and people intent on violence, there was obviously going to be violence last week but plod stood and watched and let them get on with it.

Also numerous black people are there including families, personally I don't think it's a family scenario but their choice .

28 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Footage I have seen has shown Grenadier guards marching to The Cenotaph and people labelled right wing thugs picking up litter and putting it in bins. 

Bound to be idiots and people intent on violence, there was obviously going to be violence last week but plod stood and watched and let them get on with it.

Also numerous black people are there including families, personally I don't think it's a family scenario but their choice .

Plod as you put it are between a rock and a hard place, stand back and get criticised, be proactive and be criticised, if they had waded in that would have been manna from heaven from some sections. The BBC would have thought it was Christmas come early.

My personal plan would be the European approach and use water cannons to disperse crowds anyone not dispersing would end up getting a bit damp.

The Police are scared to do anything in certain circumstances. That is very clear. So I get the rock and hard place analogy.

So Police intelligence today suggests officers need riot gear and heavy handed tactics.

Last weeks intelligence must of suggested something akin to a Teddy bears picnic which implies that the Met are in fact inept . 

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

PL player's names will be replaced on the back of their shirts with 'Black Lives Matter' for the first 12 games of the restarted season.

'Taking a knee' is also a choice for any player.

My first instinct was what a disgraceful decision to wear shirts branded with the name of a political organisation.

My second instinct is  -  are these leftists stupid? They want to abolish capitalism and of all things...the PREMIER LEAGUE is endorsing them? You really couldn't make that one up.

We have football related anti-racism programs already that could be used. We can show our support for minorities, as a sport and as a community, in other ways, other than pretending to pander to left wing extremism by endorising such policies.

This is a bad decision and I hope enough people speak out about it to make them realise it. Political symbolism and, not only an acceptence, but a league sponsored endorsement of extreme ideology is a precedent in football that I do not want to be set.

A Black Lives Matter demonstration planned for today was brought forward over fears there would be clashes with far right groups, and organisers urged people not to stage anti-racism rallies this weekend.

However, people watching the events unfold are unsure about what the counter-protestors are trying to achieve. It has been pointed out that they claim to want to ‘defend’ symbols of British history, yet they are violently clashing with police officers who are there to, er, protect the monuments.

Then there is video footage which appears to show demonstrators ‘defending’ Churchill’s statue and the Cenotaph by performing Nazi salutes whilst chanting “Eng-er-land”. This, again, is very confusing.

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

A Black Lives Matter demonstration planned for today was brought forward over fears there would be clashes with far right groups, and organisers urged people not to stage anti-racism rallies this weekend.

However, people watching the events unfold are unsure about what the counter-protestors are trying to achieve. It has been pointed out that they claim to want to ‘defend’ symbols of British history, yet they are violently clashing with police officers who are there to, er, protect the monuments.

Then there is video footage which appears to show demonstrators ‘defending’ Churchill’s statue and the Cenotaph by performing Nazi salutes whilst chanting “Eng-er-land”. This, again, is very confusing.

The bigger the gathering the more idiots show up.

1 minute ago, geosname said:

The bigger the gathering the more idiots show up.

So the narrative here is that THIS protest has a few idiots... that’s not how the BLM protests were described.

There was a real focus on the troublemakers when they were happening.

I wonder why the focus is different this time?! Hmmmmmmm

Archived