onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

3 hours ago, Gungho_ED said:

But we don't know what happens if the far left get to much power like they seem to be doing over recent years.

What evidence do you have for this claim? I've provided a fairly comprehensive list of ways in which people to the right have centre have had pretty much all the power of western democracies for the last 10 years, bar maybe Canada and Scandinavia.

Was this just something that 'felt' right, or do you have any facts to support it?

Advert

On 10/06/2020 at 18:58, tommytunstall said:

Seems that only Joes views matter on here. He tries to ridicule opposing views. We are all entitled to post on here, this is not just the world as Joe sees it.

Feel free to post what you want mate, but if its utter rubbish, I'm going to call it utter rubbish. Sorry if that offends you.

You can do the same for me, but I'm not going to start blarting about being ridiculed. Sounds a bit snowflakey to me.

So far in this thread:

1. Imperialism wasn't that bad. Had its good bits

2. Britain civilised the foreign savages through the empire

3. Statues are really, really important for education. Removing them means we can never learn about history again. 

4. It is impossible to say whether Mein Kampf is a racist book if you haven't read it. We shouldn't judge people who say it was a good book.

5. The left are gaining power everywhere, including all those countries which keep electing right of centre governments, often with massive majorities or for spells lasting over a decade.

6. If the left remove a statue of a slave-holder, Roy Sproson's statue will be next to fall.

Have I missed anything? Sorry for the ridiculing.

10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

So far in this thread:

1. Imperialism wasn't that bad. Had its good bits

2. Britain civilised the foreign savages through the empire

3. Statues are really, really important for education. Removing them means we can never learn about history again. 

4. It is impossible to say whether Mein Kampf is a racist book if you haven't read it. We shouldn't judge people who say it was a good book.

5. The left are gaining power everywhere, including all those countries which keep electing right of centre governments, often with massive majorities or for spells lasting over a decade.

6. If the left remove a statue of a slave-holder, Roy Sproson's statue will be next to fall.

Have I missed anything? Sorry for the ridiculing.

if this is a dig at me? I will answer what I can, if not ignore it...

1, I didn't say it had good bits, I said we were better at it than the others...

2, I said we brought the industrial revolution...

3,statues are a image to look at and learn... have you never seen a statue and not read the inscription?

4, if you've never read a book, how can you say its good or bad...

5, the people are the power,  left or right, it depends on how the they do, then they are re-elected...

6, from the last few weeks, any statue can be removed depending on the crowds leaning.... as far as Roy go's if hes a anything a protest is against, that's it he's going.

as far as missing anything, yes that the lunatics have taken control of the asylum... God nows  what's going be next.

59 minutes ago, Joe B said:

What evidence do you have for this claim? I've provided a fairly comprehensive list of ways in which people to the right have centre have had pretty much all the power of western democracies for the last 10 years, bar maybe Canada and Scandinavia.

Was this just something that 'felt' right, or do you have any facts to support it?

Venezuela?

15 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Has Farage been sacked for his insensitive comments about BLM and the Taliban?

Could not happen to a nicer man.

Yes hes had the push...An odious character, however it's a dangerous precedence to close down and silence those you don't agree with.

Whats the old saying " I don't agree with what you say but I defend your right to say it "

Given the far right example of Hitler and the far left of Mao I'm surprised everyone isn't in the centre. 

Take away free speech and you give more control to whoever happens to be in power and anyone following after.

One of the easiest ways to control the masses is fear.

7 hours ago, Mario said:

Remove the qualified immunity, make them accountable, stop them investigating themselves, if they break the law charge them with the same crimes as they charge the public with and give the same punishments. Stop them retiring before they have been investigated.

That would be a start.

14 minutes ago, Mario said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/11/fawlty-towers-dont-mention-the-war-episode-removed-from-uktv?fbclid=IwAR3AnAsFUy8B5ov7zCju

Seriously ? It will be books next,  The looneys have taken over the asylum, and while were at it, why isn't Lenny Henry investigated over his lampooning of David Bellamy?

Is racism a one way street?

35 criminal charges covering a 6 month period.

Arrested a woman for "not minding her own business"

Ordered a man who was watching police activity from inside his own home to come outside and told a colleague to arrest him when he did.

"We make the rules out here" ?

5 hours ago, Mario said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/11/fawlty-towers-dont-mention-the-war-episode-removed-from-uktv?fbclid=IwAR3AnAsFUy8B5ov7zCju

Seriously ? It will be books next,  The looneys have taken over the asylum, and while were at it, why isn't Lenny Henry investigated over his lampooning of David Bellamy?

Absolutely incredible. 

Have they also considered that the iconic moment in that episode is mocking one of history's most loathed figures? A man synonymous with racial hatred?

Christ!

What next indeed

9 hours ago, Davebrad said:

if this is a dig at me? I will answer what I can, if not ignore it...

1, I didn't say it had good bits, I said we were better at it than the others...

2, I said we brought the industrial revolution...

3,statues are a image to look at and learn... have you never seen a statue and not read the inscription?

4, if you've never read a book, how can you say its good or bad...

5, the people are the power,  left or right, it depends on how the they do, then they are re-elected...

6, from the last few weeks, any statue can be removed depending on the crowds leaning.... as far as Roy go's if hes a anything a protest is against, that's it he's going.

as far as missing anything, yes that the lunatics have taken control of the asylum... God nows  what's going be next.

1. ‘On balance I think they did benefit’

4. But you could find out in seconds if you chose to. Remind me how you know for a fact that corbyn is a racist?

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Mein-Kampf

People need to get out of the ‘politics as a team game’ mind set.

Archived