onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

37 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I completely take that on board but to focus on the result of the injustice rather than the cause of the injustice is simply ignoring the problem.

Ideally there would be no law breaking, sadly when in 2020 and its still happening, it's not surprising its come to a head like this.  

You cant deny that they have achieved more with direct action in the last few days than campaigning via the "appropriate channels" has achieved in 30 years or more.. 

You are right,BLM have probably achieved more with their direct action recently but when they say that they are committed to "dismantling capitalism" and "the abolition of the police" I'm not sure it will go down too well with the general public?

Advert

17 hours ago, toyahw said:

All lives matter - just a thought.  

Sigh. This is so tedious. Can't believe I still have to explain this very, very simplistic idea. Black Lives Matters = Black Lives Matter too, not Black Lives Only Matter. At the minute, Black Lives don't matter as much. Why do so many adults fail to grasp this?

image.png.fd30f189e3ad1eab0fd542a793313572.png

"All Lives Matter" has become a badge for people to wear to make it very, very clear to everyone that they have no idea what they're talking about, and haven't bothered to research it.

"Black Lives Matter? Only Black Lives? I disagree.All Lives Matter! I must go and inform those brainwashed folk who only think black people deserve to live! I've saved the day again. Hurrah for me and my common sense".

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

"All Lives Matter" has become a badge for people to wear to make it very, very clear to everyone that they have no idea what they're talking about, and haven't bothered to research it.

That is an incredibly patronizing comment. It was just a thought that there are broader problems.

My best mates are a black guy married to a white woman, two white men married to a black women, a Jewish bloke married to a Norwegian and my daughter lives with an Indian bloke. No problem. 

It is not that I am unaware of the challenges  diverse people have. Quite the opposite actually.

There are several ways to look at the problem.....

A black man was killed by the police.

More black people are killed by police than other ethnicities. 

The police are killing people.

Are just 3.

What's the common denominator? 

If you therefore stop the police killing people you solve all 3 in one hit.

As for statues..... if you want politicians to do something I would suggest you hit them where it hurts most..... in the ballot box..... ask the local councillors at election time if they will commit to removing the statue.... if they say no, or faff around tell them you won't vote for them. If enough people follow through the statue will almost certainly be removed..... I would also suggest you record the question and answer to beat them with if they fail to deliver.

As stated previously I'm not a fan of statues...... except those at war memorials honouring the dead..... unknown soldiers etc.

36 minutes ago, toyahw said:

That is an incredibly patronizing comment. It was just a thought that there are broader problems.

My best mates are a black guy married to a white woman, two white men married to a black women, a Jewish bloke married to a Norwegian and my daughter lives with an Indian bloke. No problem. 

It is not that I am unaware of the challenges  diverse people have. Quite the opposite actually.

So why bleat the banal 'All Lives Matter', which is basically agreeing with the entire concept of Black Lives Matter?

The entire premise is that all lives should matter equally, and Black Lives don't in the eyes of the police. Thats it. Why every time the campaign is mentioned people pop up with 'ummm actually all lives matter' is truly beyond me.

Its such a contradictory and illogical position to take that its really difficult to counter it without being patronising.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

So why bleat the banal 'All Lives Matter',

It is my opinion, and not in my opinion a banal one. If you think I got this from twitter or facebook or something as part of some kind of campaign to minimize the BLM campaign you are incorrect. I don't do social media. 

My intention was to simply point out that that the problems are more widespread. If this phrase has been hijacked by some nasty nutters that is news to me. It was simply meant at face value from my point of view.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

"Black Lives Matter? Only Black Lives? I disagree.All Lives Matter! I must go and inform those brainwashed folk who only think black people deserve to live! I've saved the day again. Hurrah for me and my common sense".

When someone insinuated once that you were REP I laughed and thought "no way. That's daft."

I'm really not sure anymore 

There's actually been some good debating on this thread.

17 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It is my opinion, and not in my opinion a banal one. If you think I got this from twitter or facebook or something as part of some kind of campaign to minimize the BLM campaign you are incorrect. I don't do social media. 

My intention was to simply point out that that the problems are more widespread. If this phrase has been hijacked by some nasty nutters that is news to me. It was simply meant at face value from my point of view.

Seems that only Joes views matter on here. He tries to ridicule opposing views. We are all entitled to post on here, this is not just the world as Joe sees it.

Taken from the UKBLM GoFundMe page......

Their mission statement reads.

"We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world."

Statues today, Art tomorrow, books next week.

Seems more of a Marxist organisation to me.

By state structures .......further down it reads

"Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police."

Abolition of the Police ? Seriously ...Do these people really understand what that statement means ?

Good luck to anyone living in London with that one.

2 hours ago, eh up nah said:

When someone insinuated once that you were REP I laughed and thought "no way. That's daft."

I'm really not sure anymore 

There's actually been some good debating on this thread.

That’s the most offensive thing anyone has ever written about anyone on this forum. 

Archived