onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Any who espouses the view that 'All Lives Matter', and fails to see that the 'Black Lives Matter' movement is merely an effort to make Black Lives matter as much as White Lives (and therefore achieve the idea that 'All Lives Matter') is a person whom you can't engage with.

Maybe the organisation could smack people in the face with their intentions and say 'Black Lives Matter as much as as White Lives; we are not suggesting Black Lives are more valuable, but at present they are not treated as equally as evidenced by the disproportionate levels of institutionalised violence towards black people', but its sad that people literally need things spelling out to avoid jumping to the immediate conclusion that their 'whiteness' is being attacked.

Advert

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Any who espouses the view that 'All Lives Matter', and fails to see that the 'Black Lives Matter' movement is merely an effort to make Black Lives matter as much as White Lives (and therefore achieve the idea that 'All Lives Matter') is a person whom you can't engage with.

Maybe the organisation could smack people in the face with their intentions and say 'Black Lives Matter as much as as White Lives; we are not suggesting Black Lives are more valuable, but at present they are not treated as equally as evidenced by the disproportionate levels of institutionalised violence towards black people', but its sad that people literally need things spelling out to avoid jumping to the immediate conclusion that their 'whiteness' is being attacked.

gg2eun5z9p321.png

The only thing that the organisation is smacking in the face is Police officers who are trying to uphold the law. 

The violence, vandalism and complete disregard for Covid-19 just throws any validity out of the window for me . 

The killing was abhorrent and despicable but some of the scenes around the world are borderline anarchy and have no place on our streets whilst doctors and medics attempt to save lives of people who have the virus. 

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The only thing that the organisation is smacking in the face is Police officers who are trying to uphold the law. 

The violence, vandalism and complete disregard for Covid-19 just throws any validity out of the window for me . 

The killing was abhorrent and despicable but some of the scenes around the world are borderline anarchy and have no place on our streets whilst doctors and medics attempt to save lives of people who have the virus. 

If that’s your take from it then there probably no convincing you there is a problem. I’m sure if they filled in a petition instead you’d have taken the issue more seriously. 

Of course there is a problem. There are also massive problems within the black community such as black on black crime, knives and gun culture. Absent father's is another issue that is proven. 

If you want to get on on life in general you can if you apply yourself properly .

This morning I saw Sophie Ridge asking Hancock about the cabinet. She wasn't satisfied with Patel and Sunak being on there she kept pressing about the lack of a black person. Maybe there isn't one good enough at the moment.

Why is there the following ?

Black Police federation

Mobos 

Imagine the furore if there was a Mowos , be hell to play. 

As I said before the killing /murder was a truly despicable act of wickedness .

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Of course there is a problem. There are also massive problems within the black community such as black on black crime, knives and gun culture. Absent father's is another issue that is proven. 

If you want to get on on life in general you can if you apply yourself properly .

This morning I saw Sophie Ridge asking Hancock about the cabinet. She wasn't satisfied with Patel and Sunak being on there she kept pressing about the lack of a black person. Maybe there isn't one good enough at the moment.

Black Police federation

Mobos 

Wow, you are so so so so so far away from comprehending the problem it’s not even worth picking holes in this.

So far.

Im off to put down the family cavalier because a Rottweiler attacked a kid once. 

25 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

If that’s your take from it then there probably no convincing you there is a problem. I’m sure if they filled in a petition instead you’d have taken the issue more seriously. 

There is a problem and we've all got a part to play in eradicating it.  Genuinely, I absolutely agree with you.

But violence and vandalism? I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know that you do not support those actions. They've sprayed "Was a racist" on Winston Churchills statue.  Pretty uneducated and mindless for me that.  Didnt he lead this country in a war against racist  and facist ideologies? Yes, it will be the idiotic minority amongst the protestors (at least I hope it will) but they are affiliated nonetheless.

The R rating has also taken quite the beating hasn't it so those making the effort to socially distance in the war against coronavirus have been well and truly shafted havent they?

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Wow, you are so so so so so far away from comprehending the problem it’s not even worth picking holes in this.

So far.

Im off to put down the family cavalier because a Rottweiler attacked a kid once. 

Oh I fully understand the problem IC . 

And the problem is that anyone with an opposing view is in the main branded a racist or complicit as undoubtedly I will be. 

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Black Police federation

Mobos 

Jesus wept, what was that?

‘Of course there is a problem’ - and then a list that shows what? I keep deleting what I put because I don’t want to put words in your mouth, but I’m not sure what your point is.

im also struggling why this has made you angry about the mobos ? 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Oh I fully understand the problem IC . 

And the problem is that anyone with an opposing view is in the main branded a racist or complicit as undoubtedly I will be. 

I haven’t branded you either of those things... I have branded you as someone who doesn’t understand the problem.

You can say that you do, and I’m sure in your head you do... the problem is your life experience is nothing like those of the people actually facing the issue. Your ability to empathise is zero. As is most people. 

Have you ever sat down and asked someone from a BAME background their view on this and what it means to them... I have, it was f*****g terrifying to hear it from their point of view. And this guys is a very senior, very successful Ex Olympian who works for the same company as me... he broke down and cried when describing the challenges faced.

The thought of someone asking him “yeah yeah but why do you get the MOBOS” is so cringeworthy, so embarrassing, so far from the actual point I can’t even comprehend it. 

6 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

There is a problem and we've all got a part to play in eradicating it.  Genuinely, I absolutely agree with you.

But violence and vandalism? I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know that you do not support those actions. They've sprayed "Was a racist" on Winston Churchills statue.  Pretty uneducated and mindless for me that.  Didnt he lead this country in a war against racist  and facist ideologies? Yes, it will be the idiotic minority amongst the protestors (at least I hope it will) but they are affiliated nonetheless.

The R rating has also taken quite the beating hasn't it so those making the effort to socially distance in the war against coronavirus have been well and truly shafted havent they?

I don’t support violence at all. Vandalism? Not usually. Though I don’t shed a tear for the statues of slavers coming down. 
Churchill was a complicated character and was vital in winning the war. He also believed in racial hierarchies and was fond of eugenics until hitler made it ‘unfashionable’. 

My biggest worry is the r rating. Though from the looks of tourist areas recently, the lockdown had long since ended. 

2 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I don’t support violence at all. Vandalism? Not usually. Though I don’t shed a tear for the statues of slavers coming down. 
Churchill was a complicated character and was vital in winning the war. He also believed in racial hierarchies and was fond of eugenics until hitler made it ‘unfashionable’. 

My biggest worry is the r rating. Though from the looks of tourist areas recently, the lockdown had long since ended. 

Unfashionable is certainly one way of putting it.

Darren,

No one has labelled you a racist - you seem to have labelled yourself one. I've not even seen the word mentioned.

The issues of crime within the black community stem back generations, largely as a result of the discrimination that many members of the Windrush Generation faced after they emigrated from British Colonies to the British Nation - they were deprived good opportunities to attain capital, to set up businesses, to acquire property. 

As a result, black people today are often born into less economically advantaged situations than white people. 'Absent Fathers' is a very easy symptom to point out, but lack of family stability is part and parcel of economic depravity. Children grow up without seeing people in their communities go to university, get apprenticeships, and attain capital success, and are therefore more tempted to make money in more illicit means.

Obviously those defacing war memorials are disgusting; however, to paint them as representative of the entire movement is not correct. They're a silly, extremist minority. It's like tarring all people who are conservative with the BNP; its simply wrong.

To assume that everyone, if they apply themselves enough, can 'get on in life', is a misrepresentation of the issues that face a lot of minorities, and a lot of working class people of all ethnicities, in our society. 

Knives, gun culture, and absent fathers are symptoms of bigger, deeper socio-economic issues that these protests are, in my view, correctly raising awareness of.

I can recommend a few books which opened my eyes to the historic issues for black people in this nation, and then a few more for America.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Darren,

No one has labelled you a racist - you seem to have labelled yourself one. I've not even seen the word mentioned.

The issues of crime within the black community stem back generations, largely as a result of the discrimination that many members of the Windrush Generation faced after they emigrated from British Colonies to the British Nation - they were deprived good opportunities to attain capital, to set up businesses, to acquire property. 

As a result, black people today are often born into less economically advantaged situations than white people. 'Absent Fathers' is a very easy symptom to point out, but lack of family stability is part and parcel of economic depravity. Children grow up without seeing people in their communities go to university, get apprenticeships, and attain capital success, and are therefore more tempted to make money in more illicit means.

Obviously those defacing war memorials are disgusting; however, to paint them as representative of the entire movement is not correct. They're a silly, extremist minority. It's like tarring all people who are conservative with the BNP; its simply wrong.

To assume that everyone, if they apply themselves enough, can 'get on in life', is a misrepresentation of the issues that face a lot of minorities, and a lot of working class people of all ethnicities, in our society. 

Knives, gun culture, and absent fathers are symptoms of bigger, deeper socio-economic issues that these protests are, in my view, correctly raising awareness of.

I can recommend a few books which opened my eyes to the historic issues for black people in this nation, and then a few more for America.

But...but...the mobos! 

Archived